WidenersSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingRepackboxReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MY LGS got primers!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    STOP PAYING THE OUTRAGEOUS PRICES!!!!!!!!

Primers were $28/1K last year. Manufacturers have had a 15% increase. So that puts them at $32.20. One local store has Sr an so for $60/1K and they have not moved in a month.
    I agree with you 100%.

Boolit Buddy

Not a lot of primers showing up, but powder is. Price for primers averages 100-150 per thousand. Have seen asking price as high as 200 per thousand. Powder at the LGS is going for $40-50 per pound(now slowly going down), while others who "invested" in powder asking $60-70 per pound. I learned my lesson the last time this happened. I don't shoot as much as I used to, so my supply should last awhile.

Boolit Master
    Just ordered 2k spm from Brownells for $75 /1000. With shipping, tax and hazmat came to near $95/1000. Don't like paying that much but I needed them. Still watching for Unique and 2400 to show up online. Not too bad when you order a jug.
    "If everyone is thinking the same thing it means someone is not thinking"

"A rat became the unit of currency"

Boolit Buddy
    I'll wait until they go back to the $30 range.

Boolit Master

My newer LGS had plenty of powders in stock. I didn't buy any im still good in my stock. It was nice seeing a shelf full of powder though.
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Multra View Post
    You may have all you will ever get then. I don't ever see them being that inexpensive again.

Boolit Master
    well im looking at it this way. I paid just under $6/lb for ground chuck at Walmart super store yesterday, good cuts of meat like porterhouse steaks, $16/lb---yeah, not in my budget.
    midway had some primers a few weeks ago $75/1000 plus shipping and hazmat. many report local gun store primers at $100-$125/1000. factory loaded ammo either non existent or $1-$2/round and up depending on caliber. Reloading is still much more affordable than factory loaded ammo even if primers are $0.125 each
    Im just grateful gasoline is $2.79/gal.
    welcome to the future. this is just the way things are right now.

Boolit Master

Well, I've got about 1200 sm pistol, that's what I'm lowest on. Got about 1500ish sm rifle. I was shooting alot of sm pistol because I got 4 .357 guns, 2 rifles and 2 pistols. 1 of my rifles is an 1873 Win (miroku) and I love to shoot it. Guess I'll rein it in some. As I walked into the store, a guy walked out with a box in his hand. I can't believe I didn't see this coming. When Osama was elected, I bought some extras (but not like some people) because I thought he would ram thru some kinds of "controls" this never happened. By the time I got my head out of the sand this time tho I was too late. Yeah I know when this is over, there will be a New "normal" price for them kinda like gas. We're glad it's not 4.50 a gal and now think 2.50 is good. We forgot that we used to pay ALOT less before the "shortage".

Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    You may have all you will ever get then. I don't ever see them being that inexpensive again.
    Well that range could be $39.95, which is going to be pretty close imo. In 2012 I could get USA made primers for less than $25/K + HM/SH. Then after that shortage, pretty much in the $28-$30 range. So yeah, I can easily see $40 as the new normal pricing.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    the little shop I've been dealing with told me not much changed,they're still 69.00 per k same as last year. But things here are always a more than others because of the shipping costs I suspect.

Boolit Master
    Got a pound of powder from Sportsman's two weeks ago, IMR4166. It was exactly $5 more than a pound I purchased pre-COVID. The only primers I paid more than $40/1000 were a sleeve of CCI BR primers. Before Covid they were about $50. About the same a few months ago.

Don't pay the high prices. Mfg's have not raised the prices that much. All those inflated prices are done by the retailer.

Boolit Buddy
    I expect primers to come back to about 45$ to 50$ a brick. I just finished prepping a 5 gallon bucket of 9mm, starting 45acp spp bucket of brass next. I should be left with about 5 bricks when done. I'm set for a while.

Boolit Master

Just last year I cleaned out the primers a fellow was selling when he stocked up from the Obama admin.. Paid 400.00 for 20 bricks of large and small pistol/rifle. Same with powder. Not anymore though!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by Dieselhorses View Post
    Just last year I cleaned out the primers a fellow was selling when he stocked up from the Obama admin.. Paid 400.00 for 20 bricks of large and small pistol/rifle. Same with powder. Not anymore though!
    Oh I bet he had those back! I know plenty of guys would pay $100+/1000. I know desperate guys paying $200 per!
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Multra View Post
    ur dreaming

Boolit Buddy
    I have been dealing with one small shop that has not lost their minds. Powder is slowly trickling into them and most of it is around 35$ or less a pound. Unfortunately, he is only getting 1lbers it seems. He is also getting a small amount of primers here and there. I got a brick of Lr a month or so ago for 35$, last week I got a brick of Sr for 45$.

I think he is still getting some pistol primers, but not many make it to the shelf. He is a commercial caster that sells boolits and loaded ammo. I suspect any pistol primers go into his ammo. Not bad boolits either, just too hard for my taste.

Ken