WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gibson, not Camp or Ayoob, right about Win vs Rem FBI Load Lead Softness

FWIW my Bush Cary right now is 200gr Lyman 358430 RN over 6 gr of Unique. Over my Chrony avg vel. of 10 rds is 1,031 fps five yards from the muzzle. Test done muzzle up. Standard deviation was 8, Ext. Spread 48 out of my 4.2" Ruger GP-100.

Both my Ruger GP100 and 686 No Dash are very accurate out to 20 yards. Beyond that the variable would be me not the cartridge or gun.

We don't CCW up here and Wildernous Carry is not widely held but it occurs to me IF I lived in an urban setting and actually felt I needed to be armed, a 9MM polymer pistol 4" or less would be my first choice. Those little .380's are nice but their bark ie recoil was far greater than their bite. Surely a Glock 19 or the S&W M&P Compact both in 9MM would now be better options than a short barreled revolver. Time moves on.

Take Care

Bob
    ps I know our situations are completely different and the above is not meant to be critical. Your options for self defense using handguns has changed since the 1960's
    Last edited by robertbank; 05-25-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

How many years has Stephen Camp been dead? How many years ago did he obtain his information? Repeat for each claimant.

Was Lucky Gunner's testing comparing ammunition at the time of each conflicting result having been rendered by writer making the claim?
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    I recall 158. The 200 was a bit of a rarity even then. I’ll recheck my copy of the Warren Report but I think I’m pretty sure. The 156 standard velocity RN was far and away the most common 38 used at the time.
    I read up on this on the internet and I believe you are right and what I read was wrong. Sorry bout that......
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    as of 2 to 3 yrs ago, federal still sold nyclads. since then, im unsure.
    To my dismay the Nyclad is no longer made. I called Federal and ask why and was told they could not make enough profit on them...The actual verbiage was "they are too expensive to make"...