RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackboxTitan Reloading
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Powder extension and cut off for star reloading press

Boolit Bub

Powder extension and cut off for star reloading press

So I made this proto type powder magazine to address the powder spillage issuues when the press handle is inevitably pulled.

You will notice the tube is 36 inches in height and a transfer bar is utilized as a shut off for the safe removal of the magazine.

To eliminate any confusion or idiot moments I have made the on position the fully retracted slide position verses the extentened as to avoid any nasty mishaps which may result as a bump of my hand or other equipment.

This is my first measure and a revision will be made to allow for a spring to be wrapped around the slide to be kept in a loaded position at all times of loading,for now a rubber band and a dowel pin will be utilized while I perform trail runs to determine this powder magazine usefulness.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210201_204759.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	276678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210201_204814.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	276679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210201_204719.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	276680Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210201_204711.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	276681

Boolit Man
    Good idea. Looks great. Are you going to manufacture and sell these?

Boolit Bub
    I had the thought due to the fact none are really available at this time. For this to be worth my time I would have to sell them for 157 dollars shipped. I doubt anyone sees the merits of this item when you could just disconnect the head of the star press and dump powder that assuming one used the standard powder magazine.

I built this so I could be able to load 357 mags by the 500 round and 38 specials by the 1000 lot with out worrying about filling powder measure. I should not admit this but I kinda hate reloading and anything to lessen the time involvement is a plus for me.

I load simply to maintain what little skill set I have, so i don't experiment and only load full power ammo. If it stays on a paper plate at 50 yards it's fine by me.