WidenersReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by cdstang View Post
    Its a little tight but once worked a little they are lose now.. Did have to do anything to them. Do look into the female side and check how the printing is in there.. Just a tad bit of cleaning up from printing.
    I need to print another one anyways to reverse the threads to the spring. We'll see how it goes.

Boolit Bub
    44 Mag

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by noacess View Post
    Hmm, In order to get it to fit I first tried dremeling down the notches on the sides since they seemed bigger than the ones on GWS adapter. That didn't work so then I dremeled the top down and now it fits perfect. I'm not sure if I just dremeled down the top if it would have worked or not. I really need to learn how to use a cad program so I can figure this stuff out the proper way.

Attachment 274418
    Try heating, works like a charm...

They are tight for a reason.....I hate slop. At least on my printer they go in and turn.....then they get looser with use. Better than getting sloppy with use. Of course printers are different too. Never tried the heat idea.....how hot do you heat?

My first ones made for Mikes's pieces were sloppy, so I tightened them up a little.

I'm printing a honey do today: a shelf for the shampoo/conditioner rack in the shower.....wife doesn't like the wire frame shelf she bought so wondered if I could print a cover.....and keep the invert the near empty bottle holes.

Only reason I'm posting a picture of this is to show a new PLA choice I bought from Zyltec.....ran out of white. It's called "Uncle Jessy Gunmetal." (Redleg Ed sent me a sample of it and I liked what I saw) The wavy fill doesn't show it yet but it's pretty shiny......I'm thinking I will print some reloading things this color too....kinda like it. I think it's going to look great with the green stuff!

Last edited by GWS; 01-01-2021 at 07:41 PM.

Boolit Mold
    Does anyone have a winning configuration for 40sw brass mouth down for bulge busting? I'm getting roughly 5% feeding base down and an occasional case going sideways in the adapter/funnel creating an obstruction.

large pistol base up collator
    large base up slide plate
    short sweeper
    base up ramp
    40 degrees tilt.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Boolit Mold
    Have a xl750 coming in, I use the post mount for my AP currently. Can the post mount fit on Dillon's case mount tube? Switching over to case feeding for now, Should I buy a set of case tubes incase I need to cut for size?

Quote Originally Posted by Assnolax View Post
    Does anyone have a winning configuration for 40sw brass mouth down for bulge busting? I'm getting roughly 5% feeding base down and an occasional case going sideways in the adapter/funnel creating an obstruction.

short sweeper
    base up ramp
    40 degrees tilt.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    You need more angle on the feeder. We recommend 45 degrees for everything except base up case feeding. For base up go to 55-60% tilt. This is required to get the rocking motion on the pivot
    Point. If you do a search on my original post describing how it works it may help. If it’s not currently in the manual we can look to add it.

Just wanted to add the base up case feeding took me 6 weeks to work out. It’s a very finicky beast. Do a lot of experimenting with motor speed and angle and you should be able to get it more reliable then what you have now.

One more thing. I created the wall extender specifically for the base up feeding. Once you put so much tilt on the feeder it helps keep the brass in the feeder.
    Last edited by TylerR; 01-02-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconpunch View Post
    Have a xl750 coming in, I use the post mount for my AP currently. Can the post mount fit on Dillon's case mount tube? Switching over to case feeding for now, Should I buy a set of case tubes incase I need to cut for size?
    My post mount is 1” same as the Dillon post.

The gun metal silver isn't quite as shiny as I thought it was going to be, but I still like it. I printed an idea I had to light up a Pro Chucker 7 with Leds today. Wired it up, thought I'd share it. Redleg Ed has a new one, so this is my contribution.....not quite perfected, as in the top anchors are smaller than I thought they were going to be....that's what you get for designing in inches and converting to mm to print.....still learning..... I'll fix that and reprint tomorrow.....still works fine, just the principle.

Anyway below is the piece I just printed in Zyltec Gunmetal Silver:

Below: I recessed a spot for the LED to sit in, angled the ends so they can't fall out, and printed holes for the wires....

Below: Sure it works! You could mirror the print and hang one on the other side if you really want light.

One thing I really like is the ability to just lift to remove them if you want to put the press away, or take it to the range bolted to your tailgate?
    I'll bet you guys can can figure out how to to come up with something that works similar for your press.....when your bullet feeders are done.

Boolit Master

Hi GWS,
    Very cool! Thanks!
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    You need more angle on the feeder. We recommend 45 degrees for everything except base up case feeding. For base up go to 55-60% tilt. This is required to get the rocking motion on the pivot
    Point. If you do a search on my original post describing how it works it may help.
    I found the original post.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4917179

o416 maybe we can add something to the manual that makes it clear more tilt is needed with base up case feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Assnolax View Post

short sweeper
    base up ramp
    40 degrees tilt.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
    You didn't mention which funnel drop hole adapter you are using. You have to make sure you using the non angled one "Brass_Base_Up_Drop_Hole_Adapter" and not the one for base down brass "Brass_Drop_Hole_Adapter"

I found the original post.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4917179

o416 maybe we can add something to the manual that makes it clear more tilt is needed with base up case feeding.
    That's the great pivot page! When big collators began too wasn't it? You sure made a stir with that...no doubt about it.

You didn't mention which funnel drop hole adapter you are using. You have to make sure you using the non angled one "Brass_Base_Up_Drop_Hole_Adapter" and not the one for base down brass "Brass_Drop_Hole_Adapter"
    See, I didn't even realize there was a non -angled one......glad really, because I would've printed it and not realized I could fit the angled one so perfect for a very Dillon-like case dropper. Interesting how things turn out. I'm having to much dang fun! Helps when dealing with.......old.

And I can see me wanting to drop cases upside down to the APP.....jus don't have time right now, and all my .40's are fixed at the moment. The local police dept. used to use .40S&W and Glocks.....yeah.....Glocked brass was everywhere on the range and the police shoots expected US to clean up after them......oh what drudgery! So I had a lot I fixed the slow way.....then.... Glock fixed their "perfect pistol"......and the local police went back to, ugh, 9mm!
    Last edited by GWS; 01-03-2021 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    That's the great pivot page! When big collators began too wasn't it? You sure made a stir with that...no doubt about it.

See, I didn't even realize there was a non angled one......glad really, because I would've printed it and not realized I could fit the angled one so perfect for a very Dillon-like case dropper. Interesting how things turn out. I'm having to much dang fun! Helps when dealing with.......old.
    I desperately tried to get the angled one to work for weeks. Must of designed 10 different versions. No matter what I did brass would try to flip on the way down and get stuck. Making it a straight shot took care of the issue.

Boolit Buddy
    I thought I read a while back you made a base for this Gearstisan Motor....... Actually I thought it was the The same footprint as the JGY370.... But alas, I just came home to the motor being here, and nothing lines up...

Did you create one? Can you? Do you need some measurements?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    I thought I read a while back you made a base for this Gearstisan Motor....... Actually I thought it was the The same footprint as the JGY370.... But alas, I just came home to the motor being here, and nothing lines up...

Did you create one? Can you? Do you need some measurements?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thats the motor I use. Main_Body_M634JS.stl is what you're looking for.

Yeah huge size difference between those two motors. Honestly I think that 634JS motor might be the best one after the McMcaster motor. I saw your pics and it seems to work out nicely.

As a side note, I modified all the bodies to accept the electronics box on either the right or left hand side.

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah huge size difference between those two motors. Honestly I think that 634JS motor might be the best one after the McMcaster motor. I saw your pics and it seems to work out nicely.

As a side note, I modified all the bodies to accept the electronics box on either the right or left hand side.
    I'm going to print a new base.... and also order the other motor JGY370 To mess with this base (Since it came out so good!)

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by silahtar View Post
    Try comma, your regional setting may affect that...
    Tried comma, it changes 11,5 to 115. When I try to type 11.5 for the 45 ACP all it allows me to type is 11.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskJ View Post
    Tried comma, it changes 11,5 to 115. When I try to type 11.5 for the 45 ACP all it allows me to type is 11.
    I figured it out, I couldn't updated it to 11.5 in openscad so I just used a txt editor to change the default value from 9 to 11.5 and boom it works.