Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: Making that Bullet Collator

Boolit Mold
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201224_203843634.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	273890

Thank you for all your hardwork. Attached is a picture of where I am currently at with your feeders. I can't wait to try them out. Just upgraded from a 550

Quote Originally Posted by Anuccite View Post
    Still "Days to Go" But here is my start....

Attachment 273889
    Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by tanders View Post

Thank you for all your hardwork. Attached is a picture of where I am currently at with your feeders. I can't wait to try them out. Just upgraded from a 550
    Oh man looks like you have a great setup going on there. Which motor is that on the one? Is that the 634JS?
    Last edited by TylerR; 12-24-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Oh yuck, Blue again! Just kidding! Looks Great to me!

Boolit Mold
    Yes it is the 634js. I made a mount for the Dillon 750 and an enclosure for both units. Along with the enclosure I made some ball and socket connectors so it is easy to remove and adjust location.

Yes it is the 634js. I made a mount for the Dillon 750 and an enclosure for both units. Along with the enclosure I made some ball and socket connectors so it is easy to remove and adjust location.
    It looks really good. Very clean.

Boolit Bub
    The 7 doesn't fit.
    8 fits the 1/4.
    10 fits the 5/16 and the 3/8 but it might go a little loose over time. I can't pull the spring out, so it's good.
    13 fits the 1/2 but is a little tight. That could be my print because I had some stringing.

I'll try with some projectiles and cases later, I just had a quick minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Andar View Post
    The 7 doesn't fit.
    8 fits the 1/4.
    10 fits the 5/16 and the 3/8 but it might go a little loose over time. I can't pull the spring out, so it's good.
    13 fits the 1/2 but is a little tight. That could be my print because I had some stringing.

I'll try with some projectiles and cases later, I just had a quick minute.
    What is the wire dia. of those springs?

Boolit Bub
    1mm except for the 1/2 which is 1.1 mm.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerR View Post
    That one I posted should work well for you then. If it fits well I will post the small and medium ones.
    Hi Tyler, just printed the #9 drop tube to sit on top of the M Hornady feeder die adaptor, however, they did not couple well. #9 Drop Tube ID I can measure max came out to be 16.35mm while the OD of the Hornady Feeder adaptor max came out to be 16.60mm. All other parts I've printed so far coupled nicely except these two. I was wondering what was your design dimensions...? I'll sand and get these couple, just wanted to provide feedback...

Quote Originally Posted by silahtar View Post
    Hi Tyler, just printed the #9 drop tube to sit on top of the M Hornady feeder die adaptor, however, they did not couple well. #9 Drop Tube ID I can measure max came out to be 16.35mm while the OD of the Hornady Feeder adaptor max came out to be 16.60mm. All other parts I've printed so far coupled nicely except these two. I was wondering what was your design dimensions...? I'll sand and get these couple, just wanted to provide feedback...
    I just double checked in CAD and the OD of all the hornady adapters is the same, 16.44mm. Same with all the drop tubes. Confirmed 9mm DT ID is 16.56mm. Are you printing these at .12mm layer height and high quality settings?

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by cdstang View Post
    ESun PLA+ Grey prints really nice.. Making a Case collator plate now.

Attachment 273871
    Let me know the temps you are using, nozzle sixe, hotend, printer and where you got it from and I will add it to the list I have going.

Boolit Buddy
    OK so I think I figured it out. It looks like at some point I accidentally added 5.5mm to the inserts. Probably one night after too many beers. lol
    In the coding world this is what we would call a regression bug.

I have uploaded another version with hopefully the corrected inserts. Still is v1.3.2 but should have updated time stamp.

Lablover if you could still verify the 32acp for me that would be great. I never printed that one so I have no reference.
    Thx man! Will print them once my collator plate comes off the printer.

Boolit Bub
    I just double checked in CAD and the OD of all the hornady adapters is the same, 16.44mm. Same with all the drop tubes. Confirmed 9mm DT ID is 16.56mm. Are you printing these at .12mm layer height and high quality settings?
    Well, guilty as charged, I printed them .16mm. Little photosensor/LED knobs fitted nicely though.

It only took me couple minutes to sand and fit the DT and Hornady adaptor together... Just wanted to confirm it wasn't due to design dimensions...

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by silahtar View Post
    Well, guilty as charged, I printed them .16mm. Little photosensor/LED knobs fitted nicely though.

It only took me couple minutes to sand and fit the DT and Hornady adaptor together... Just wanted to confirm it wasn't due to design dimensions...
    You violated the manual silahtar, go and sit in a time out lol

Boolit Buddy
    Merry Christmas to all of you Stay safe and enjoy the company of your loved ones.

Boolit Bub
    Merry Christmas to all... Stay safe out there and have your self a wonderful new year!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage 01 View Post
    Let me know the temps you are using, nozzle sixe, hotend, printer and where you got it from and I will add it to the list I have going.
    205 Tool Temp
    50 Bed Temp
    .04 Nozzle
    Stock hot end
    BL Touch
    Upgraded Main board to SRK Mini E3 V2.0
    Ender 3. Probably got it from Amazon a while ago....

Lablover. I believe you said you printed the APP bullet insert for 32acp correct? When you get a chance can you measure it's length for me?
    Sorry this is late but I’ve been living at work. Just measured and it’s 73mm in length

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lablover View Post
    Sorry this is late but I’ve been living at work. Just measured and it’s 73mm in length
    You might need to print it again because the part should be 67.5mm