Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2WidenersSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Gary Reeder .410 GNR

Boolit Man

Gary Reeder .410 GNR

I am buying a Gary Reeder Ultimate .410 GNR for deer hunting. It is a 6.5” barrel with a 4X scope. For those not familiar with the .410 GNR it is a .44 Casull necked down to .41 caliber. I am looking for a good mold to try. I used to be a .41 Mag addict before I switched to the 10mm. I figured it was high time to revisit my first love when this one popped up. I plan on sending it back to Gary to have a .41 Mag cylinder installed. Anyone have any experience with this round? Any suggestions on bullets? I was thinking LBT WFN style or direct from LBT or maybe something with a hollow point. I figure it should be good for 200 yards if I do my part. And yes I will practice at that range before attempting to shoot game

Banned

Kelly Brost who used to own cast performance bullet company had a stainless 410gnr that he had gary engrave a naked women on (you had to know kelly) i laughed at it till i shot it. It was one of the most accurate revolvers i ever shot and hitting long distance rocks would make you shake your head after shooting 44s and 45s. It was just SO much flatter shooting.

Boolit Buddy
    Ask Mr Reeder what works in his cartridge. "I was thinking LBT WFN style", Mention to him what you were thinking, He is very opinionated on these subjects. I'm sure you'll be enlightened!
    Crash87
    "An art, to supply a truthful response to someones nagging, busy bodied question(s) such that the person feels as though their question has been answered, but yet, do not understand the answer and are unable to provide a follow up question to gain clarification for fear of appearing to be a dumb ***, when basically having to repeat the question

"LIBERALS ARE ALOT LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS."

Boolit Man
    Good idea. I have talked to him before and he is not shy for sure which is a good thing in my opinion. If you feel strongly about something say it. But you still have to look at everything and remember it is one man’s opinion based on his experiences, which are a lot more than mine

Boolit Master
    Will be interested to see what the velocity difference is between the .410 and .41 once you get the new cylinder installed...

THE bullet for the .410 that Gary and many of his friends used to kill a lot of different types of Buffalo was the CP 255. It has less shank below the crimp groove so about 2 more grains of H110 could be used vs. the 250 LBT WFN. That mold was a CP exclusive made for Kelly by Verl Smith... A very close design is the Accurate Molds 41-250L and is a very accuarte bullet.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=41-250L-D.png

Boolit Man
    Thanks!

Banned

If it were mine id look at the 250 lfngc that veral makes. that bullet shoots real well in every 41 ive tried it in and flys well long range too.