Load DataTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Found Primers In Stock........Anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    well now I feel like an idiot not cashing in the 401k and stocking up. sure does seem that potential profit from primers right now is on par with buying apple stock back in 1985
    I wouldn't do that, honestly. I'm new to all of this and people trying to sell primers at $10 a slice off of classifieds and Gunbroker is partly the reason why I can't actually find any around here.

Last week at a gunshow a guy had a pack of 100 small pistol primers and they were $25!!! Now THAT's gouging.

Luckily I always keep sufficient primers around, but some I have, I'll not use in 20 years like 209 shotshell primers.
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    Because you have a billion people watching for on line primer inventory like a hawk and hoarding nation wide as soon as someone shows any inventory. IMO in this country our consumers have become lazy and would rather sit in front of computer than to walk into a store to make a purchase. For example my LGS currently has over 2 dozen bricks in stock of LR, MLP, and MLP as I type of CCI for $39.99. They have had these primers sitting there for over a month now with no buyers accept for me grabbing two bricks a day. They had 9 bricks of CCI MSP sitting there for over three weeks with Zero sold till two days ago. I procrastinated since I didn’t need them and ended up buying the last 700 since I figured I could substitute them in my 9mm loads. There had been zero primers available on line for months. If I wouldn’t have walked into my LGS three weeks ago I would be 10 bricks light. Most see on line that primers aren’t available anywhere and don’t take the time or energy to look. Not trying to start a fight but we as a nation have become way to laid back and buy most everything on line and are to lazy or don’t take the initiative to get off our butts and walk into a store anymore...and I’m guilty as charged as well. I live on a small city that most every item available for sale here are cheap, entry level products. Walmart’s, Target, ect. Anything of item quality or high dollar I have to order on line as well or go on a long drive to purchase.
    I walked into the local Academy a couple of weeks back. Decided to swing by the ammo dept just for giggles to look at the empty shelves. They had 3 bricks of CCI small pistol primers on the shelf with a sign that said limit 3.
    They all went home with me. Gave my son a brick and kept 2 for myself. I never had reloaded anything in the last 25 years that took spp, so I didnt have any in my stash. Wife decided to learn to shoot a handgun, so I picked up couple 9mm. She will be set for a while.

I'd imagine that components will not be readily available for the long haul with the way this election is leaning. Never know though

Quote Originally Posted by gnappi View Post
    Last week at a gunshow a guy had a pack of 100 small pistol primers and they were $25!!! Now THAT's gouging.

Luckily I always keep sufficient primers around, but some I have, I'll not use in 20 years like 209 shotshell primers.
    Only gouging if he makes you buy them.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    The Sportsmans here has lots of powder. Maybe not the specific one you want, but, there is a bunch. Primers not so much. When they do get some they are gone in hours (normal prices).

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I believe the whole reason most are hoarding these is to try to get rich by “trying to” resell at a huge profit. Same stupidity as the high capacity magazines and AR rifle gouge in years past. If everyone remembers a few years later prices were below normal everyday retail prices on both magazines and AR’s because the hoarders couldn’t unload what they had at double retail and were trying to cash out on all the money invested into their piles of inventory. Just hold tight a don’t buy if over $40 a brick imo. There are still LR,MLR, and MLP bricks in stock for $39.99 at my LGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripplebeards View Post
    I believe the whole reason most are hoarding these is to try to get rich by “trying to” resell at a huge profit. Same stupidity as the high capacity magazines and AR rifle gouge in years past. If everyone remembers a few years later prices were below normal everyday retail prices on both magazines and AR’s because the hoarders couldn’t unload what they had at double retail and were trying to cash out on all the money invested into their piles of inventory. Just hold tight a don’t buy if over $40 a brick imo. There are still LR,MLR, and MLP bricks in stock for $39.99 at my LGS.
    This is what everyone wants to think but it just isnt true. The vast majority of primers made today are going into ammo which people are buying buy the 1000s. If the so called "hoarders" were being able to sell enough over priced primers to matter, then the price would start to drop as the people will only pay so much for anything they do not NEED.

Boolit Master
    Hoarders, Hoarders, Hoarders! Actually, I think the Russians are behind this. Sound familiar?

Don
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Grand Master
    Looks like the going price for SPP and SRP on GunBroker is over $100/1000 with shipping.

I doubt it will get much better anytime soon. Every indication is it might get worse. Biden poised to win and the Trump court challenges may result in more "demonstrations".
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fredj338 View Post
    This is what everyone wants to think but it just isnt true. The vast majority of primers made today are going into ammo which people are buying buy the 1000s. If the so called "hoarders" were being able to sell enough over priced primers to matter, then the price would start to drop as the people will only pay so much for anything they do not NEED.

if what you say is true, then where is that ammo? Since I can't buy primers, I thought I would just buy up some "ready to shoot" .38s, .357s, 9mm etc., but even THAT is out of stock and unavailable everywhere I look.

Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    if what you say is true, then where is that ammo? Since I can't buy primers, I thought I would just buy up some "ready to shoot" .38s, .357s, 9mm etc., but even THAT is out of stock and unavailable everywhere I look.
    Perhaps to the government?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Perhaps to the government?
    What calibers does the government use? I'm sure that the military has a contract for a certain amount, and then there is local law enforcement as well as the FBI, which would maybe explain the shortage of 9mm, .40, and .45 acp, but how many .22 LR does the government use?

Boolit Master
    I don't think that the military or law enforcement would be buying enough small arms ammo right now to be the issue. I think it is mostly supply chain disruptions due to COVID 19 driven production changes up and down the supply chain. Where I work we are seeing delays parts and materials because our suppliers are being impacted by COVID 19.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    This is not just impacting primers and ammo. My wife can't get her Mountain Dew Code Red or her favorite flavors of Mike and Ike's either. Certain cuts of meat and other things are hard to find as well.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    I don't think that the military or law enforcement would be buying enough small arms ammo right now to be the issue. I think it is mostly supply chain disruptions due to COVID 19 driven production changes up and down the supply chain. Where I work we are seeing delays parts and materials because our suppliers are being impacted by COVID 19.

Tim

That and demand has gone berserk. Don't see the latter changing any time soon.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

I demand a recount!

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Local Sportsman’s has LPP and LRPs
    Mould forth, and load in peace.

Boolit Grand Master
    My nearby Sportsmans doesn't have one single primer on the shelf!!

Boolit Mold
    I called CCI a month ago. They have been hiring like crazzzzzy!
    They never even slowed down during covid. They can not keep up.
    Daniel 11:35 and some of the wise shall stumble, so that they may be refined, purified, and made white, until the time of the end, for it still awaits the appointed time.

Boolit Mold
    We all reload ..... sooooooo why don't we just make our own primers? No brainer. It's easy. 3-4 ingredients depending on the type of primer your making.
    WWI type primers are easy guys and cheap!
    Daniel 11:35 and some of the wise shall stumble, so that they may be refined, purified, and made white, until the time of the end, for it still awaits the appointed time.

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    Looks like the going price for SPP and SRP on GunBroker is over $100/1000 with shipping.

I doubt it will get much better anytime soon. Every indication is it might get worse. Biden poised to win and the Trump court challenges may result in more "demonstrations".
    Yet how do they ship with HM?????