Reloading EverythingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: GB Wire Aide

Boolit Master

GB Wire Aide

I know some of y'all use GB cable-pulling lubes as for case necks and resizing. Has anyone tried using it as a bullet lube? I bought a bottle of Rooster Jacket lube and have been impressed by how well it works in low-to-moderate power pistol loads. (I think Lee Liquid Alox may work better for hot loads) and I noticed how similar the Rooster Jacket looks to Wire Aide. The Wire Aide is too thick right out of the bottle, but I could dilute it about 50% with hot water...

Super Moderator

...........I've heard of folks using it as an ingredient part of thier lube making, but never as a stand alone 'Wash' type lube.

..................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Moderator Emeritus

AIRC one f the members used it once on pistol low velocity loads. He claimed to have never seen as much leading. It is a great cheap case lube and I would not try to extend it's use when so many other things work so well.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

MTG, Thanks for the warning. I still may try it once when I run out of Rooster Jacket and Lee Liquid Alox -- but since I probably have a lifetime supply of each...

Boolit Buddy
    IIRC Gardner Bender makes several wire pulling lubes. I use the wax base 61G5 for straight wall case lube diluted with rubbing alcohol to spray it, but even straight it is marginal for bottle neck cases. I wouldn't consider it for bullet lube (I've got plenty of LA and paste wax.)
    Just because change doesn't make a difference doesn't mean that change is bad.