WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TiteGroup, very light loads.

Boolit Master

I really like TG for 9mm never had any issue in the dillon either. I also have used Power Pistol for mild loads with success.

Banned
    I have been loading 30-30 cases with 2.7 to 3.4 grains of Tite Group and haven't hit on a perfect load just yet. I want very good accuracy and light recoil at 25 yards. I am handicapped and the walk any further is not good. I am using a Meister 94 grain cast bullet I size to .309. I use this same bullet in .32 H & R mag. Will keep you posted with my findings. I am also using large pistol primers and tilt bullet point up each cartridge before loading in my Contender and firing.

I continued with the 2.9 grains of Titegroup experiment under the 125 grain Lee RNFP. I also took a box of 148 grain wadcutters loaded with the same charge. Just for grins, I loaded the same powder charge under some 158 grain RNFP hardcast I had on hand.

Results were very positive for all loads. Depending on the individual revolver, I was getting 1.5 inch groups offhand at 12 yards. The wadcutters were doing about the same. The 158 grain boolits were grouping slightly larger in one gun but slightly smaller in the others.
    The cases didn't appear to be sooted up. Very easy extraction. Consistent groups across the board with 4 different revolvers. Light recoil.
    Nothing there to dislike at all.
    All in all, it was a good day at the range.

Boolit Master
    Anybody use Titegroup in the .44 magnum? If you do....would you please share some data?
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    Anybody use Titegroup in the .44 magnum? If you do....would you please share some data?
    I use 6 or 7gr in 44mag with either 200gr rnfp or 240gr SWC Lee. Makes a very pleasant light plinking load and plenty accurate. Getting close to maximum with titegroup seems a little inconsistent and touchy so I switch to slower powder for hotter loads.

Quote Originally Posted by donald duck View Post
    I have been loading 30-30 cases with 2.7 to 3.4 grains of Tite Group and haven't hit on a perfect load just yet. I want very good accuracy and light recoil at 25 yards. I am handicapped and the walk any further is not good. I am using a Meister 94 grain cast bullet I size to .309. I use this same bullet in .32 H & R mag. Will keep you posted with my findings. I am also using large pistol primers and tilt bullet point up each cartridge before loading in my Contender and firing.
    My 30-30 load with TiteGroup is 5.5 grs. under a Lee 170 gr, pc. no gas check. I estimate velocity at +/- 1190fps. from my 16" Trapper. I get about 3" groups @ 100 yards with this load. Data was taken from GMDR lever gun data.
    http://www.gmdr.com/lever/lowveldata.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    I've played with Titegroup quite a bit in my .44mag. My pistol is a Ruger Bisley, 7.5" ported. I've loaded from 5grs up to 7.5 grs. under the Lee 240 gr plain base, pc'd. Groups were good to about 6 grains. At 6.5grs things really started to open up. The 7.5gr load gave me an 8" spread @ 25 yds. The best groups were the 5 - 5.5gr. loads, so this is where I stay for my plinkerz. The Hodgdon manual shows a starting load for the 240gr @ 9 grs and a max @ 10 grs. I may try this in the future.
    http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/data/pistol