WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .44 love...

Thanks, Larry....enjoyed that story....Flattops...what is it about them?....You have me intrigued by the Colt Anaconda....

Took me over 5 months to pay off that model 92 and it’s not the pretty one nice shooter though open sites with 240gr rn groups 2” at 100 if I can do my part 4” is more what I’m capable of

That's good shootin, Cast outlaw...If my gun did that, I wouldn't mind too much what she looked like...

Yeah, if I was single, I don't want to know how many guns and payments I'd be immersed in....(My woman keeps me on the straight and narrow)...

That's good shootin, Cast outlaw...If my gun did that, I wouldn't mind too much what she looked like...

Yeah, if I was single, I don't want to know how many guns and payments I'd be immersed in....(My woman keeps me on the straight and narrow)...

Boolit Master
    Nice story and beautiful guns. I too have a thing for 44s. My first handgun was a 629 classic hunter. Love your gp100, I don't need one but sure do want one.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Thanks, historicfirearms....

Made a little rock bustin video just for kicks....

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by sonoransixgun View Post
    Thanks, Larry....enjoyed that story....Flattops...what is it about them?....You have me intrigued by the Colt Anaconda....
    Flat tops.....I just like the looks of them...…

Unfortunately the Anaconda is no longer made. The one I had is very nice. Came with both excellent single and double action pull and as mentioned earlier with a grip length of pull that fits my hand. The frame and cylinder are of as large as the Redhawks so it is very stout handling standard "Keith" loads with aplomb..... It also came with .429 throats and a .429 grove barrel and is the most accurate large bore revolver I have had.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    A well tuned 44 is a joy to take out shooting. I have them in Ruger, S&W & BFR & all of them are amazing with anything from the 215 gr GC up to a 305 gr cast slug that shoots through everything, including elk. Amazing accuracy out to distances many would not believe possible with a six gun.

Dick

I, myself have a love for the 44. I own several model 29s a couple with 2 and 3 inch barrels. It’s an understatement to say they are a handful with heavy loads. I seldom shoot any of them with said heavy loads except for hunting. They are a lot more fun to shoot at the range with a tamer 44 special load. I have a 696 and a model 24 the model 24 is set up for Bullseye target shooting. I have a 185 grain wad cutter load for all of them and they are extremely accurate

Boolit Bub
    I kind of fell like about the Blackhawk 4 5/8 inch, but in .41 mag.Loaded hot or low and slow I usually shoot it faster and more accurately than any other revolver,

swapped for a 10" 44 magnum contender with t/c scope for my first 44. Scope didn't have enough eye relief so went to a bargain red dot "just to see" and have been in love ever sense with the 44 as well as the red dot!! made a bid on SBH 7 1/2" 44 mag that should have never flown now has a red dot sight is accurate & a real treat to shoot!! Some warm 180grain MP hollow points make for some explosive hits on water filled jugs & paint cans!! Just love the big bang!
    Before you break into my house stand outside and get right with Jesus tell him you're on your way!!

Budzilla, have you ever clocked those 310 gr Lee's out of that long barrel? My 9 1/2" SRH really gets them scooting (1400+) but yours must be in the rifle catagory
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!