Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: What are y'all paying for 10MM brass?

What are y'all paying for 10MM brass?

I am looking at buying a 10mm revolver (GP100) - I shot one and LOVE it. I've got mold I use for 40 S&W that should work no problem....

But, it looks like I'm looking at a pretty steep start up. Brass looks like a min of 17cents/per... So, I'm at $170 for 1000 cases and I don't think you can collect cases at ranges/matches like you can with 40 S&W... Anyone have a good source for 10mm brass???
    WWG1WGA

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    It's not common, but it's not quite as scarce as hen's teeth. S&S might have some once or multifired on occasion.

IMO brass is an investment in the future. Thus far I have never experienced regret for having enough brass for a given caliber.

I have at times wished I had bought more when I was buying.

I am sitting on about 23 pounds of 9mm, 24 of 40sw, and 24 of .45acp. Boxes were once fired sorted, offered to members at quite reasonable it seemed to me prices. 25$ a box for the first two, 50$ a box for the .45acp. Also pretty reasonable prices on .30-30 and 7.62x39 brass.

I have also been very happy with all the starline brass I have bought.

Boolit Master
    Love my Blackhawk 10/40. I never lose 10mm brass, while my brother's Delta Elete throws it far and wide. Agree that good brass is an investment and all 10mm brass is not created equal. Don't know how much you shoot but highly recommend STARLINE. 500 will probably last you a long time.

Boolit Master

A brass catcher goes a long way to keeping brass snatchers at bay!! Just sayin...

You can make on and mount to a old tri pod. Basically a large fish tank net on a stand. There are hand mounted & gun mounted versions too.

Also shooting 40 can be problematic. Some do so no problem others have miss fires. Search for the thicker moon clips and you should be as good as ya can shooting 40.

I was also smitten but just couldnt spend 800$ on a 400$ gun.

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Boolit Master

you can buy cheap factory ammo for $20/50 or remanufactured for even cheaper then keep the brass after plinking...
    ...Speak softly & carry a big stick...

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I bought a box for a glock I rented . It killed me to aww all the brass fly over the wall into range area where I could not retrieve it. Don’t own a 10 mm but will after I shot that pistol.

Boolit Buddy
    44Blam,

Elite Reloading has once fired 10mm brass but the cost is only about a penny less per case than new brass from Starline.

I have a S&W Model 610 that I am learning to feed. The good news is that you can recover 100% of your brass and the bad news is that you have to use moon clips if you are shooting .40. If I am shooting 10mm at the range I don't bother using mood clips because it takes less time to pop out the fired brass than it does to load and unload the moon clips. Obviously, I use moon clips when out in the woods.

Last night I was reloading range pick up brass and there were some Sellier & Beloit (?) in the mix. I discovered that the primer pockets in those cases had to be reamed in order to get new primers to seat. The local gun store has new S&B ammunition for about $16.00 per box and I have four or five boxes of fired brass that it appears will have to be reamed before it can be reloaded.

Gus Youmans

+1 about those tight primer pockets on the S&B brass. I thought I had reamed all of the ones in my stash of brass but every once in a while another non-reamed one makes it to the press and buggers up my cadence while loading.

When I started reloading for 10mm my method was to buy 500 new Starline brass, and then buy whatever decent priced range pickups I can find here and there. The new/never fired Starline is used for really hot loads and loads for my trail gun. Once the Starline is on its 5th or 6th loading it moves over to the box of range pickup brass. The range pickups are used for plinkers/practice rounds.

Youre already ahead of the game if you buy a revolver because you wont really be losing any brass at the range. But it might be a good idea to have some fresh new brass on hand for the truly hot loads.

Boolit Buddy
    skrapyard628,

I have 500 pieces of new Starline brass sitting on the bench but don't plan to open the box until I start serious load development. Right now I am just plinking and getting used to the gun.

Gus Youmans

Boolit Master

The link posted above by M-Tecs is all you need. Starline is the only handgun brass that I buy. It is that good of a value. I have some Starline cases over 10 years old with at least 20 rounds though a Glock chamber, and Glock 40 cal chambers aren't known to be easy on brass.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that the cartridge is getting more popular. I've picked up hundreds of range pickups over the past few months. Mostly Sig and Magtech (although CBC 10mm cases have staked primers that must be dealt with).
    Last edited by Taterhead; 10-01-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    "There is nothing like looking, if you want to find something."
    ~Thorin Oakenshield

Rangebrass.us is the cheapest I've ever seen. The problem is it's almost never in stock. I've bought 2k cases from them when they are in stock.

There are plenty of places that sell once fired 10mm. I occasionally get $50 off coupons at idpa matches & will buy 1000 new Starline. It lasts a long time even running full power.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master

I have collected several Hundreds at the range (assume 1 time shot/pick up) over the last couple of years. No 10mm in my gun safe - drop me a PM and see if we can swing a deal.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master

Precision Once Fired Brass , from a local indoor shooting range is $35.00 / 500 if you are interested in once fired range brass .
    This is where I buy all my once fired brass...I'm a 100% satisfied customer , I like the savings .
    They appear to be out of stock at the moment , call the range and see when it will be available .
    Site is www.precisiononcefiredbrass.com
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 10-01-2019 at 06:29 PM.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"