Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackbox
Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Titan Reloading

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

With what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. MATTHEW 7:2
    This statement is not some haphazard theory, but it is an eternal law of God. Whatever judgment you give will be the very way you are judged. There is a difference between retaliation and retribution. Jesus said that the basis of life is retribution— “with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.” If you have been shrewd in finding out the shortcomings of others, remember that will be exactly how you will be measured. The way you pay is the way life will pay you back. This eternal law works from God’s throne down to us (see Psalm 18:25-26).
    Romans 2:1 applies it in even a more definite way by saying that the one who criticizes another is guilty of the very same thing. God looks not only at the act itself, but also at the possibility of committing it, which He sees by looking at our hearts. To begin with, we do not believe the statements of the Bible. For instance, do we really believe the statement that says we criticize in others the very things we are guilty of ourselves? The reason we see hypocrisy, deceit, and a lack of genuineness in others is that they are all in our own hearts. The greatest characteristic of a saint is humility, as evidenced by being able to say honestly and humbly, “Yes, all those, as well as other evils, would have been exhibited in me if it were not for the grace of God. Therefore, I have no right to judge.”
    Jesus said, “Judge not, that you be not judged” (Matthew 7:1). He went on to say, in effect, “If you do judge, you will be judged in exactly the same way.” Who of us would dare to stand before God and say, “My God, judge me as I have judged others”? We have judged others as sinners— if God should judge us in the same way, we would be condemned to hell. Yet God judges us on the basis of the miraculous atonement by the Cross of Christ.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

"...if it were not for the grace of God." That right there.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Smile

One translation of the New Testament advises us to "judge not unrighteously". That's hard! We must judge every day, for our own good, our families, and society, but we need to be careful, or our prejudices will get in the way.
    Another's religion, political affiliation, belief or non-belief is often the basis for unrighteous judgement. If, as Pine Baron suggests, we apply the Savior's teachings,and seek enlightenment through His Grace, I believe we will be guided to make better, more righteous choices...not only in judgement, but in all other areas of our lives.

My wife just told me of the father in New York, who left his 11 month old twins in his car, and worked a whole day. With the temperatures like they are in NYC, the twins died. That hurt my heart, and I rushed to perhaps not very righteous judgement. "Stupid"," HOW could he have done that?","Unthinking", "uncaring","Where was his head?"...were all thoughts that went through my mind. Although he may deserve that and more, and despite what Civil Law may decide, he will ultimately be judged by one who loves him, and knows his heart, will deliver a loving, righteous judgement, and most of all, will forgive!

Pardon the digression, but it is my belief that our Heavenly Father "marks the fall of a Sparrow", and HE loves all of His children, and has given to every nation on the earth principles that will lead them to better, more peaceful lives if followed. This is not exclusive to any nation, group, congregation sect, or religion. No one will be damned because they have not had the opportunity to hear of Jesus, and his Plan of Happiness. If God is loving and fair, (and He is) there will be opportunity either here on earth, or in the future, for all to hear of the Savior and the Atonement, and to accept Him or not. Free Will...that is why the war in Heaven was fought, and continues today.

I believe a couple of the truest verses in the Bible that explain the whole reason for the Savior's birth, death, and Resurrection are contained in John 3: 16-17 :
    "16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

No exclusionary statement there! I am reminded of a song from my youth..."Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world...Red and Yellow, Black and White, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the children of the world." I may have paraphrased badly, but you get the idea.

God loves ALL of his children, which is why the Savior's Atonement was not just for those in Jerusalem and all around, but for the WORLD...not just as it was defined then, today or tomorrow, but as it is eternally defined by Our Heavenly Father!

Good Sabbath, friends!
    Last edited by sniper; 07-27-2019 at 08:31 PM.
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !