MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What decal/resizing die do use on your progressivepress?

No case feeder, and bench is level and solid.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    I use all sorts of different brands. What problem are you having specifically? What are you trying to load?.
    Sorry, I left out that little detail. 9mm brass. It’s the only caliber I have a problem with. The shell will not align, and enter, the sizing die(s). The dies are at least 20 years old. Niether is beveled/ radiused.

As mentioned above, I probably just need to order a sizing/decamping die. I can’t see trying to grind a carbide die with a ball stone. Could that even work?
    Last edited by 468; 03-30-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 468 View Post
    Sorry, I left out that little detail. 9mm brass. It’s the only caliber I have a problem with.
    I run Dillon dies on my 550 for 9mm. They work flawlessly. If not for the expense I would switch over to Dillon in all my calibers but the mix of dies I have now seem to be doing the job.

Quote Originally Posted by 468 View Post
    Sorry, I left out that little detail. 9mm brass. It’s the only caliber I have a problem with. The shell will not align, and enter, the sizing die(s)
    9mm is tapered, so the mouth of the die is going to be larger than the mouth of the case.

Does it happen all the time or every now and then, like 1 out of 5 times? If it’s intermittent I have gotten a speck of corncob stuck to a station of the shell plate that has kept a round from being seated correctly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    Something to try would be to get one of those round ball looking grinding stones and bevel it yourself.

That can't be much more than what the manufacturers do.

Just get a good one. The die will be harder than Chinese Algebra, and will eat the cheap ones.
    50 Pc Diamond Rotary Point Set HF $19.99 (less the 20% coupon )

many uses like cleaning up/sharpening sprue plate holes, rough boolit sizing die openings,---, another "cool tool"

https://www.harborfreight.com/50-pc-...set-69665.html

You never mentioned what press you were using it on.

It may not be indexing properly. I had to adjust my loadmaster when I got it + the 9mm shell plate is one size fits many so it's a little sloppy