MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad DataLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with loadmaster press

Boolit Buddy

Problem with loadmaster press

Hallo folks! I have a problem with my lee press, someone can halp me? Thanks a lot

Boolit Buddy
    my carrier of loadmaster not turn ,,and the lever stops,I made a video but I can not load it

Banned
    There could be several causes, a primer got caught in the carrier, the indexer flipper or rod is in backward or got dirty and seized up, the bottom of the shell plate is dirty, the knurled shell plate nut, might be to loose, the case ejector may not be square on the shaft.

if you have a case retainer flipped open it can hit the next case and stop the carrier from turning, the ram could be full of primers

There are several videos about loadmaster on YouTube that might be helpful.

You can always call Lee phone (262) 673-3075 and ask them, they are good at troubleshooting

Without more detailed information about the problem, it will be hard for someone to help.

There is a draw bolt on the bottom of the ram that holds the carrier in place, so it is not supposed to turn, it just goes up and down on top of the ram.

You might need to loosen the bolt to adjust the carrier relative to the frame/ram so the flipper can hit the bumps and ride down the ramp, pulling the indexer out, so the shell plate will index correctly.

Like this.

http://vid664.photobucket.com/albums...psj6se0rnt.mp4

These are the names of the different parts.
    https://leeprecision.com/cgi-data/instruct/LM3231.pdf

Boolit Master
    A lot of information can be found here Loadmastervideos.com

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    And the Lee Reloading page on FaceBook has a lot of info

Remove the mounting bolts. Remove the press from the bench. Place a Dillon or Hornady progressive press on the bench. Reinstall the mounting bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by onomrbil View Post
    Remove the mounting bolts. Remove the press from the bench. Place a Dillon or Hornady progressive press on the bench. Reinstall the mounting bolts.
    How is that going to help? Their carriers don’t rotate either...

Boolit Master
    Always someone who can't resist being overwhelming helpful.

beppe:
    Is this a new press or have you been using it for a while without issue?

Banned
    I'll try to be a little more helpful.

Remove the mounting bolts, remove the press from the bench. Sell the Lee press. Apply the proceeds from that sale to partially fund the purchase of a Dillon progressive press. Bolt the new Dillon press over the holes that were used by the Lee press to conceal the mistake of purchasing a Lee progressive press.

Can see by your response that this question was clearly above your pay grade. Really surprised you didn't just tell him to remove the press and go buy ammunitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    I'll try to be a little more helpful.

Remove the mounting bolts, remove the press from the bench. Sell the Lee press. Apply the proceeds from that sale to partially fund the purchase of a Dillon progressive press. Bolt the new Dillon press over the holes that were used by the Lee press to conceal the mistake of purchasing a Lee progressive press.
    Once again, FAIL to see the humor.

Banned
    To beppe - If I offended you, I apologize.
    I don't know what cartridge you are loading or what your budget is. If you can get that Lee to work for you - great.
    If you are at the point of replacing that Lee, I would recommend a Dillon.

To kmw1954 - if you failed to see the humor in my post, there's not much I can offer you.

The OP is in Italy and I don't know what a Lee Loadmaster costs in Italy but I bet it is not the "bargain" it is here in the states. (and I'm using the word bargain facetiously in that sentence).

Here in this country a Lee Loadmaster sells for about $150 less than a Dillon 550 or about $120 less than a Square Deal B.
    If you have to convert to Euros, pay VAT and Shipping - The Lee really starts to look less and less like a good deal; particularly when it doesn't work.

I own some Lee products and I'm not going to bash Lee across the board but Lee has its limitations.

Boolit Buddy
    Ciao Beppe! GET WHAT PAY FOR mi dice sempre mia moglie (americana)! Certo non puoi pretendere di avere una Dillon 650 a quel prezzo di Lee! Ho visto il prezzo in Italia e il prezzo di un volo low cost per N.Y. !!! Spendi meno andartela a comprare in USA ed in più hai un bel viaggetto a N.Y.
    Infatti, quando mia figlia va in America, io compro da Brownell's USA e faccio spedire tutto al loro albergo! Certo una Dillon PESA !!! Si dovrebbe partire con una valigia mezza vuota, o acquistare un bagaglio piccolo solo per il viaggio di ritorno!
    Se vuoi ti posso spiegare in MP come ordinare dall'Italia da Brownell's USA: in genere se non usi "accorgimenti" sei dirottato automaticamente a sito Europeo/Italiano!
    Però a comprare senza la possibilità di un trasporto gratuito e di dichiarare "Gift" alla dogana .... spenderesti molto di più!
    Gli importatori infatti usano container che viaggiano via mare (credo!) e alla dogana le tasse sono sul prezzo che loro pagano!

EXCELLENT RECOMMENDED INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE!

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    To kmw1954 - if you failed to see the humor in my post, there's not much I can offer you.

The OP is in Italy and I don't know what a Lee Loadmaster costs in Italy but I bet it is not the "bargain" it is here in the states.
    So since you already knew his location I am guessing by your comment that you already knew the cost and how hard it is to get any press. Yet you couldn't resist the comment. And your comment was worth exactly what he paid for it. NOTHING.

Boolit Master
    beppe it could be as simple as the rod that turns the shell plate needs adjustment , or the plastic shell slider is hanging up . Don't try to force the lever what ever you do . Go to loadmastervideos.com , take your time working your way through the sight - there is a lot of helpful information with pictures , and videos adjusting the loadmaster to make it function properly .

Boolit Buddy
    I dont mind using my loadmaster as long as I prime on another press. There are many issues with that priming system and that alone can bind up your press. I still think turret is the bast press to use for consistent results.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kmw1954 View Post
    So since you already knew his location I am guessing by your comment that you already knew the cost and how hard it is to get any press. Yet you couldn't resist the comment. And your comment was worth exactly what he paid for it. NOTHING.
    Wow, you are just really angry.

Banned
    You buying????

They are just jealous because they couldn't get the loadmaster to work for them

I wonder how many Lee haters have spent enough time with there favorite brand to get them to keep up with this lowly Loadmaster....