MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Look what i found at a garage sell

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    That is about as close to theft as a person can get with out committing it!!
    You mean, that's as close as you can come without someone calling the cops !!

Those are GREAT presses. You'll love it.

Congrats.
    Old and Wobbly !!

But it sure beats the other option!

Boolit Bub
    h.w. great find.

Boolit Master
    Kind of a neat feeling ain't it when you find something like that. Good find.
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Banned
    NICE!!!!!Sweet find........ I have only once found reloading stuff at a sale I got 4 sets of dies, a case trimmer, a 505 powder scale all RCBS , a LEE hand primer and a 2 rifle case for the whopping sum of $50.00 I wish that happend more

Banned

one of those was my first reloading press. Loaded thousands of rounds on it and it worked fine.

Boolit Grand Master

I have had the Lyman turret for several years. It is my "dedicated" BPCR loader. I can load a MATCH quality black powder cartridge (40/65, 45/70, and 45/90) in 20 seconds (naturally only use the Holy Black in my BPCR's).

Dale53

Boolit Mold
    man,ya all good...... wish i had that luck.

rusty

I thought I stole mine at $80 used!
    I only hope that someday I can be half the Man that my Dogs already think I am!

Boolit Master

Lyman Turret

Been using mine for over 20 yrs. Got it in a box from a guy worked with me & had a flea market stand on weekends. It was in a box with two 4-holer molds (311291 + 311290) 2-2holers a 450 lubrisizer & some sizing dies, an RCBS scale which I stilll use & a couple of powder measures. All for $160!

Almost left out the 5 or 6 sets of loading dies. Those were the days.
    Last edited by Newtire; 04-03-2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: forgot

I live in Canada and guns are for only evil people in the Liberal/Democratic big city I live in. I have gone to hundreds of garage sales and have never seen even one piece of reloading equipment.

I think your conscience would be bothering you so bad that you would have to just get rid of it. Night and day it would be constantly reminding you of how deceitful you were, nagging you, pestering you, how can you live with such a burden. Have you gone to church and confessed to your minister? Part of the repentance cycle is to make amends and the only thing I can think of is to sell it to me for 50 bucks. lol

Well it has taken me long enought but I finally got it mounted up on my new bench , I learned a few things during my first loading season tho #1 dont have your decapping pin hanging to low it will get bent on the back side when turning the turret ..... # 2 dont set you dies to deep they also will run into the cut out on the back side # 3 using the primer arm will take some time to get used to with my fat fingers it has been a challenge I got 100 .44 loaded up today and after my self tought lessons things went smoooooth and Im very happy with this machine and even happier with the trigger time I got this afternoon.

Ill be as nice as you let me and as mean as you make me, your Choice

In Remembrance

garage sale

One weekend a buddy, that hasn`t heard the casting calling, got a box of loading stuff at a sale. He kept the brass, bullets and dies all for 9mm. He called me and asked if I wanted this wierd loading press, ever hear of a 450 Lyman he asks? He was told it was not workable when he got the box. He offered it to me for free, probably cause he thought it was broke. It was a Lyman 450 sizer with a 357 die and rn top punch. The "broke" part about it was the dried up old Lyman black lube. I scraped and melted it out and it works like new.

In Remembrance

hotwheelz press pic...

Bad Hotwheelz....Bad Boy!!! Only have ONE can of powder at any one time on your bench when loading!!!!!! Especially different types of powder. It is too easily done, mix-ups in powder usage. Congrats on the press though it`s a honey!

Thumbs up

hotweelz
    Man, do you have a very nice CLEAN loading bench!! Even my wife would be proud of me, if it would look like that! I better change my password, or she will know what it supposed to look like......

Boolit Master

Bargain

About three weeks ago I stopped at a yard sale and low and behold a table was covered in reloading equipment. There was a Lyman S-T turret press, a press named Liberty,which looks just like RCBS jr. only the ram is not as loose as a jr. A Redding powder measure with stand, a C-H measure and a 12 ga MEC reloader.I asked what they wanted for all of it and the lady told me to make an offer. I never do. If it's yours ,you price it. Finally the grandson asked an uncle what to charge and he said ,tell him fifteen bucks since it has a set of .38 spl. dies in one press. Needless to say I bought it all. You could tell none of the equipment had been used in years and needed a good dose of WD40. That makes seven presses I have and ten or eleven measures, I lost count. Of course as I have pointed out in these pages before,reloading equipment doesn't bring much in Southern Cal. Most shooters we see at the range buy factory ammo ,shoot it and leave the brass on the ground. Neither me nor my friends bother to pick it up anymore. After several 5gal. buckets of .45 brass what do you do with it. Of course if it's something like 45/70 then it doesn't lay there long.

Boolit Bub
    the last good thing at a garage sake was my mother's neighbor passed away,and the widow was selling some of his possessions. amonst them was a remington 20 gauge auromatic with a beautiful case for 25.00. she called my brother-in-law.

Boolit Grand Master

MY next door neighbor was an elderly woman who had just lost her husband. She asked me to come over and look at a couple of old guns he had there. They were not worth much, but I placed a proper value on them for her to sell and she did so.

The interesting part of the story is an old muzzle loader she had sticking in the garbage can. I asked her about it and she said it wouldn't even shoot cartridges, was in poor shape and was going out to the trash. I asked if I could have it. I then took it to Friendship, IN at the Natl Muzzle Loading shoot, had it appraised by an expert in Ohio Rifles (it was an original muzzle loader built in Ohio). Even tho' the rifle was in poor condition, I received several hundred dollars which I immediately gave to my aged neighbor (the original owner). She couldn't believe it! Her smile made my day...

Dale53

Boolit Buddy
    Good on ya Dale.

Matt

What Matt said.

Boolit Buddy
    Dale—

Just reading about your kind actions made my day. Thanks!

Richard
    Plans and dreams are what we have until life gets in the way.

XNGH E Clampus Vitus, Platrix Chapter No. 2 "Credo Quia Absurdum"