RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I took your advice and training and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks kungfustyle, It does kick! It's a slower mean shove. If I hold it properly it's not too bad. I sure have to give it the "martial arts" focus to not flinch. So far so good.

Boolit Buddy
    JWT Thanks, BuffaloLand Safaris has three camps. I was at Girraffe camp and it is a bit tired but plenty good enough for a cowboy. The other camps are better I am told. The operators are good people and run a first class operation. The Black employees are excellent. Bright and cheerful and hardworking.

The land is on the Klasserie River and it is beautiful. It is near Hoedspruit near the Kruger Park.

I was there as a client of Kok and Seyfert Hunting Safaris. They did the catering.
    There are two sides to Kok and Seyfert.
    - Kobus Kok is an awesome PH in every respect. I would hunt anything with him, anywhere. ( You saw Louis, the slender guy, in the video and story. He is excellent also. He works for BuffaloLand.)
    - Johan Seyfert is a real jerk. He has a screw loose in his head, I'm sure. He drinks too much as well. He was only there for the first and last night so I just ignore him in the story and in my memory.

You can contact JP or Zelma at BuffaloLand. As I say, they are good people. They will put you in one of the better camps which they cater themselves. The walking is easy, the game is plentiful.

Great read, great video, and great work casting for that awesome rifle.

Yeah, I like the single shots also.

You did it man, Enjoy!

Knap gedaan

Boolit Buddy
    GhostHawk, Thank you for the kind words. Brian

Boolit Buddy
    JWT, BuffaloLand has lots of great pictures on their Facebook site. "BuffaloLand Safaris."

Boolit Master
    WBG,

Knap Gedann, always good to take game with a rifle you built in an interesting old caliber.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Buddy
    elk hunter, Thank you. Yes it's very satisfying. Doing it with cast bullets really took me out of my comfort zone.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WBG View Post
    elk hunter, Thank you. Yes it's very satisfying. Doing it with cast bullets really took me out of my comfort zone.

I understand, there is nothing like hunting buffalo in the thorn brush and getting in to bad breath range and then can't see to shoot. I used cast bullets of my own design in my Cogswell & Harrison 577 BPE double to take Kudu and Cape Buffalo in 2015. I think the PH was a bit uncertain about cast bullets until he saw what they would do. When I told him I thought I would bring my 416 Rigby next time he stated, "no bring the 577, we have more buffalo that need to go to heaven and we know it works".

I saw your video some time ago on you tube and enjoyed it, it made me want to start planning the next trip. Again, Knap Gedann.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Buddy
    elk hunter, Thanks fo the good story.

You hunted cape buff with a Cogswell & Harrison Double 577 BPE cast bullets ?!! Now, that is impressive. Just like the old Voortreckker Boers.

Maybe we should discuss the possibility of doing a cape buffalo hunt together, with our .577 rifles. ( ? ) I will do a story in The African Hunting Gazette. I have some good Buffalo hunting prices.
    My email is brian@fastcutcnc.com Please write me if you feel like it sometime.