RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Load Data

Thread: 45 acp sizer die

Boolit Bub

45 acp sizer die

Bought a new lyman die for the 45 acp and it will not stop lubeing the semi wad nose. Have never had this problem before. Help!

Take pieces of shot and fill the top holes, maybe top two rows. I assume you know how to adjust your sizer for depth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Bub
    Yes sir have adjusted the stem from top to bottom and still lubes the top of the bullet. Just started loading the acp round but have been doing 357 .44.45.lc. 44/40 and a dozen or so rifle rounds. Will try the lead shot. The die only has 2 holes in 4 spots .Thanks

If your boolit is smaller than your die (unlikely but possible) then lube is able to come up past the front drive band. After that, I dunno!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Grand Master
    Some dies take a lot of fiddling to get the depth adjusted so you don't squirt lube out on top of the boolit, some are disgustingly easy. Guess which I have more of?

Robert

Boolit Master
    Give up on sizing first of all and lubing with stick lube next.
    Try very light tumble lube. If LLA is not to your liking, get 45/45/10 from White Labs. Don't use so much lube that you can see it on the bullet. It takes VERY little to do the job.
    If you really must size and lube, as I remember, I just set the size/lube die so the bullet went down just far enough that the lube groove hit the first row of holes. When I discovered that unsized bullets were more accurate, I got size dies that were 0.001" over the nominal as-cast bullet diameter and had no lube issues. Oh, yes, another issue could be applying too much pressure to the lube such that it not only fills the lube grooves but is forced out any slight opening--you don't need a lot of pressure, just enough to get the lube to move.
    Later, I discovered pan lubing and haven't used a lubri-sizer since the late '70s, except for seating gas checks.

Boolit Buddy
    Are you using a heater?

If you have fiddled with the depth adjustment I'd try less pressure on the lube.
    NRA Benefactor Member