Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2RepackboxWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Status of the Ruger No.1-NOT Discontinued

Quote Originally Posted by flint45 View Post
    No.1 is one rifle I relly want and don't have maybe for my birthday.
    There are a lot of them on GB right now a lot cheaper than I have seen them in a long time.
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

I've been looking for a beater #1 in a worthless caliber. Or whatever cheap one I might find. I simply want the action to build up a fun shooter. Something with a heavy full or half octagon barrel in a caliber like .32-40, .38-55, or .40-65 Win.

Boolit Master
    "In any event, it seems that is partially true as the Number 1 is made in periodic runs, not fulltime production."

Many of the Ruger products are not full time production. They can only justify the full time production models by sales of that model. Many of their guns are made "in batches" and then the line is re-set to build a different model.

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    "In any event, it seems that is partially true as the Number 1 is made in periodic runs, not fulltime production."

Many of the Ruger products are not full time production. They can only justify the full time production models by sales of that model. Many of their guns are made "in batches" and then the line is re-set to build a different model.
    That's been true for many gun makers as far back as the 1800's! If you look at old factory ledger record sheets for Winchester and Marlin, you'll see they made models in batches. The practice sped up production as employees doing repetitive processes for a particular model could be much faster. Batches could be a dozen guns, or several dozen guns. Only special order guns with non standard options were done individually in the early days.

Boolit Mold
    Prices out here in Oz are up, demand seems to be pretty strong. Anyway, how could anyone imagine the No1 being discontinued in the 50th year of production? Currently on four: 17Rem, 300WSM, 25.06 (factory) and a 9.3X64 which my favourite gunsmith is working on... I did email Ruger a while back with suggestions for the 2017 (50th Anniversary) editions.... Acknowledged politely, but no hints.... Am sick?

Boolit Buddy

Aye, mate. And once you have the illness, attempts at cure will often fail.

I have my 45RCBS built 25 years ago! That 3 1/4" case makes a Lott look like a *****!

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad *** Wallace View Post
    I have my 45RCBS built 25 years ago! That 3 1/4" case makes a Lott look like a *****!

Looks just like my .44-100-535 Ballard Long Range cartridge! The .44-100 Ballard is a true .452" groove and bullet. Mine is in a #7 Long Range Creedmoor rifle.

I went on the Ruger site trying to find the calibers made in the last few years. No go. So I surfed the ne and this site had a nice list of the last 4-5 years or so. It would help anyone fill in gaps if they need one.

http://www.classicsportingarms.com/r...fles-for-sale/

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    I like the no. 3 myself. Wish that one would come back.
    I'd love one in 45/70. They pop up on gunbroker fairly regularly. Not in the budget for me right now. Considering selling my Pedersoli rolling block to catch a #3.

Perma-Banned

I want an RSI in 257 roberts. I already have a 45/70 and a 270 but a short 257 is needed!!!

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
    I'd love one in 45/70. They pop up on gunbroker fairly regularly. Not in the budget for me right now. Considering selling my Pedersoli rolling block to catch a #3.
    I have one they are really nice.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
    Ya watch gunbroker and don't forget armslist as well. Just picked up a #1 45/70 stainless off of armslist for $800. Now i'll have the blued as well as the stainless version.