RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winchester 94 32 special

Bob:
    I also have Win 94 in .32ws, I shoot .323 sized cast in mine. I use gas checks but don't always need them. I don't have a mold at this time but did buy about 200
    .323 gas checked flat nose 180gr(I think) bullets from Daniel at the Bull shop. You can search for links to his shop.
    Although shipping from Alaska to S.A. may not be worth it.
    My advice is to slug you bore or just shoot some sized and unsized to see which has better accuracy.

Glad to have you on the list, keep us updated with the rifle and post any pictures of game you get with it.

BTW I load up 10gr of Unique behind the cast bullet for a plinking round, lots of fun at 50 yards, recoil is like a .22

Great thread! A short while ago I too bought a 94 Winchester in .32 WS off of gun broker. I haven't even shot it yet. My dear wife called me today ( I'm on the road) to tell me that my order from Midsouth that has my RCBS 170fn mold, Rcbs coyboy die set, sizer die , top punch and gaschecks just arrived today.
    This thread and all the useful information is right on time. Thanks Guys! Y'all are great!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is final!
    Will kill for food!

Sundog, Bwana Bob won't have to beagle that mold. It is the same design as the 32-170-FN ,it just casts at .325in. I would be honing that sizer to .323in though Bob.

Thanks for all the assistance guys.

Well, I got a lead pot and started casting out of Linotype (printer's lead) and some pretty grusome boolets started appearing but pretty soon they were coming out nice and shiny and looking like store-bought boolits. I tapped in the gas checks and covered them all in Lee Liquid Alox lube and pushed them through the Lee resizer and they seem to shoot quite well. Haven't been able to Chroney them yet but will soon and let you know. The only powder I that is readily available here in South Africa is the local Somchem brand. I just copied the suggested load for a 30-30 which is 30 Grains of their S335 powder. The new cast boolets hit on paper at 60 yards, not too far off of where some antique Winchester Silvertip factory loads hit. Grouping was about 4 inches. Will be getting a friend to open my Lee sizer to .323 as suggested (my Lee resizer is 321) and playing around with the load and I guess that will help me close that group up a bit.

Think I am on the right track, thanks to all your help. I will be keeping an eye on the thread.

Boolit Bub
    Wow, cool thread! :)
    Me?
    I'd be all over that 135 gr mold buy. :)

YMMV

I've loaded 110gr round nose in my 30-30 since mid 70's and that gun's hardly
    ever shot anything else. (94 Win/1950 I was born owning that gun)

One time a black bear got in the way of the 110gr ~2240fps bullet and another
    time a mountain lion got in the way too. ;) ...hound dogs did the hunting I just
    did the shooting. :)

"jackrabbit shells"

Alvin in AZ

Boolit Man
    Wow! What a great thread!

I'm just about to start reloading 32 Win. Special for my 94, but it looks like I may get sucked into the whole casting thing too!

I have to admit the sizes have me a little confused, but I'm sure that will pass once I read some more.

Boolit Bub
    I'm fairly new here[first post] ,not new to reloading but not real experienced at cast bullet reloading,Marlin 45-70,not much luck without a gas check with the Micro-groove barrel.
    I'm hoping for better luck with my Marlin in.32 win. spl,It has the older ballard rifleing,I haven't shot them yet but I used a Lee 90274 sized to .322 "cutting "[Not as simple as that]the tip off to a .260 meplat making the bullets .810 long and they weigh at 164.5 gr. [I don't remember for sure the specs are out in the barn and its raining and I'm lazy so I'll use my memory, PLEASE forgive!] but after much deliberation and consultation with load books and taking into consideration the rifleing twist,alloy[ close to No.2],and wieght of the bullet and the fact that it is finally aimed at deer gittin'I loaded the first batch at 28.3 grns IMR 30-31.
    Anyway,I was loking for data and happened upon this post and thought this would be an apprpriate addition to the fine intelligence I have encountered here and maybe you fellows could give me some feedback and projections ,good or bad , as to how this load is going to perform at the range when it stops raining!?