Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Lee Precision

Thread: More trad muzzleloader stoke from Denny ...

Banned

More trad muzzleloader stoke from Denny ...

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Nice video, but those guys not wearing eye protection were bothering me! Still, makes you want to get out and go shooting.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobade View Post
    Nice video, but those guys not wearing eye protection were bothering me! Still, makes you want to get out and go shooting.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
    The only time i ever wore eye protection was when i competed in Trap shooting, and the only reason i wore it then was the rules required it at certain clubs, it was contested and argued HEAVILY, it was not mandatory at some of the different clubs, they had a sign that said 'Eye protection advised' I HATED it when i had to wear shooting glasses, The glasses in the bridge of the nose area blinded me from my target many times. I will take my chances

Been cut on the face by flying flint... but I wear glasses or I couldn't see the flint any how.

Banned
    mountain men didn't wear shooting glasses and ive yet to read about one in a journal or tall tale about eye injuries from shooting their guns. And if their is any, them boys was problem drunk!

Perma-Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Been cut on the face by flying flint... but I wear glasses or I couldn't see the flint any how.
    I recently had a piece of cap land on the right arm of my new Woolrich fleece coat, it almost burned a hole through. There is definitely a chance a guy could get hit in the eye, but shooting glasses are one of them HATE cuss words with me, I'm willing to take my chances. I like to practice shoot EXACTLY like i would hunt, and i dont wear glasses then.

Boolit Master
    I never used to wear glasses until I started shooting skeet and sporting clays. The oncoming targets would pelt you with clay. Most of the time I could duck my head soon enough, but, that would cause a flinch so I started wearing larger safety glasses and just let the chunks hit.

Later, when I had to wear prescription glasses, I ended up getting a fragment of a steel plate hit my face. Glad I had the glasses on. Why glasses and not contacts? I did wear contacts but my eyes developed a reaction to them, so, back to glasses. After wearing them for almost 20yrs now I am used to the issues. Yes, they take some special procedures for outdoor activities, but, not that big a deal once you are used to them.

For hunting or just regular shooting I did not wear glasses. The military did not require safety glasses back in the day. After the first desert deployment there was a huge incident rate of eye injuries, mostly from sand but also from combat. So, sunglasses and safety glasses became an issue item.