RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionWidenersLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tigger my main cat passed away today

Moderator Emeritus

No shelters around here, I have been checking Craigslist and a local trader paper that comes out once a week. Oreo keeps meowing at the pantry door I carried Tigger through to put him in the freezer until spring(morbid yes but I cannot dig 36" of frozen ground by hand) wanting him to come and play... so I have to find hi a companion be it puppy or another cat. Keeping an eye out for a 4-5 year old lab of I can find one who needs a new home, but a puppy would work too. I like dogs and cats and have had my share of both.

Sorry to hear of your loss Mary. Some pets are just so unique as to be part of your family and the loss is just as real. Words wont help you but sharing your grief will. You cant replace a loved pet but a new pet with their own character can add to your household. I have always been a dog man but when my last dog died I was given a ginger cat who turned into my best friend and filled my home with that companionship that is hard to describe. He also filled it with rats mice and rabbits but that is just what they do .
    The Bird of Time has but a little way
    To fly-and Lo! the bird is on the wing

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    Mary

Like others, I feel for your loss. A few years ago, I had to put down one of my cats after she had a stroke. The dog and other cat kept looking for her (along with my heart) for many days. It is always a sad day when one of our little ones pass over the bridge.

Boolit Master
    So sorry for your loss Mary, i feel your pain. We finally had to take one of ours, Baby, a flame point siamese to be put to sleep, she was about 18yrs old. So sorry!
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

If I could figure a way to mail one, I'd send you one of the 20 around here.

our " pets " are actually family

the hardest thing is putting a pet down or watching them die. i pray my current pup will die in her sleep. the pain will never get easier for me.
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

Moderator Emeritus

Oreo is just listless and not himself. He used to play tag with Tigger and they raced all over the house... looking at a 9mo old orange Bengal kitten...

Boolit Master
    Dam it all Mary, can't tell you how much I feel your loss. Tigger was lucky to go with Mommy touching him and talking to him.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    My heart goes out to you for your loss.
    It is so hard to lose a pet which has been your best friend for so many years.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Oreo is just listless and not himself. He used to play tag with Tigger and they raced all over the house... looking at a 9mo old orange Bengal kitten...
    I think a Bengal kitty is just what you need! I really want a Bengal, i love the ornery and inquisitive cattitude they are known for. A Bengal would probably make a good companion for Oreo to play with.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master

If you want a cat that likes people and has a tendency to do the unexpected

selkirk rex might be just right
    http://www.cat-breeds-encyclopedia.com/Selkirk-Rex-cat.html sorry about the bold couldn't get it to turn off

don't believe them when they say they are not vocal mine lets me know when I have missed time with him and doesn't like it I like cats, dogs really any animal that has a personality and isn't afraid to let you know that they do.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Master
    Hi MaryB.Sorry for your loss.I also had a "Tigger",could have passed for a brother of your Tigger.He was about 12 years old when he left this old world.
    I guess that his most favorite treat was to jump up in my sidecar with Pooch dog and go for a ride around the neighborhood when I got home from work.Got some really funny looks from the neighbors about that pair of passengers.The loss of a pet really leaves a hole in ones life.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Grand Master
    I am so sorry for your loss I know the empty
    spot you speak of it does close but thankfully
    the memories last forever he sounded like a true friend
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    From the photo I can see that Yigger was mostly Mau. The Mau is the oldest domestic breed of cats dating back to ancient Egypt. My Mau is as full blooded as you could find.
    These cats were noted for loyalty and intelligence, acting more like a good dog than like a cat.

My boy is over 16 now, and from all appearances as healthy as a horse. he leaps six ft to the top of a kitchen cabinet with ease and from there to the top of the refrigerator about five ft away like it was nothing.
    I don't know what I'd do if I lost him. On the upside a full blooded Mau can live over 24 years. He might yet outlive me.

I feel your loss Mary, I've got quite a Pet cemetery in my back yard.

Moderator Emeritus

Tigger was a leaper too, in his prime he could dead jump 6+ feet straight up. I caught him up on top of the upper kitchen cabinets one day and wondered how he got up there... next day I saw him take a running leap to the tops about 7' up... Yes I think he was mostly Mau, he had that extremely loyal temperament they exhibit and yes he was very smart. He knew a couple dozen words and had about 50 vocalizations I learned from him for what he wanted. Often all he had to do was look at me and I knew what he wanted but we had a very deep mental connection, I have an absence in my mind with him gone and I felt him pass away. My neighbor has his brother who is all black(that mamma cat had a lot of lovers!) and he is exhibiting the same thyroid issues so I think it is a hereditary thing. My neighbor also has his sister who is a tortie... he had 2 other brothers who looked like him who died at 9 years old on the farm and he was 9 when the thyroid issues started. I treated him with diet and kept him going 2 more years but it took its toll on his kidneys and other organs finally. Treatment for it was far more than I could afford(they quoted $10k) and required me to leave him at the UofMN for 8 weeks for the radiation sequence that might have killed him. Better he was with me if he was going to die.

I got in the granite tile for his marker today so when I do a laser run this weekend I am going to get that made so it is ready for spring.

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for your loss. I have a house full of them and 1 by 1 they're going. Never a good day dealing with that stuff. At least you gave him a good home and life.

Moderator Emeritus

Hard when they bond with you as deeply as Tigger did with me. There is still a presence missing in my mind, we were that connected.

Boolit Master

Hello Mary,
    So Sorry for your loss. Julie and I know how important our fur kids are,
    as do many other members here.
    Please accept our condolences.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Man
    May God bless!

Moderator Emeritus

Found a shelter 45 miles away, going to go look at this guy Saturday. He is between 9 months and a year old. https://drpem3xzef3kf.cloudfront.net...&no_scale_up=1 they also have some kittens and other cats if our personalities don't mesh. Thought about a dog but I do not have the energy to chase one anymore...