WidenersSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mossberg 14" - No NFA Stamp Required,

Boolit Master
    Would make a great gun to keep in the car. Can you imagine how well that would work on a car jacker?
    Evangelical, deplorable redneck and proud of it.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Would make a great gun to keep in the car. Can you imagine how well that would work on a car jacker?
    Can you imagine trying to swing that while sitting in the driver's seat?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paul h View Post
    Having done various tests with a conventional 12 ga I've determined they are a poor choice for defense against bears, and reducing the terminal performance of a 12 ga by shortening the barrel and making it harder to aim would make a marginal choice less effective.

So, that's what's not to like.
    Well, that's it then. Thanks for the head's up. But, I do think this new toy from Mossberg is less an 'aiming' thing and more a real close range blaster. I wonder if a Brenneke slug point blank will affect a big bear?

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    ....and those owners were compensated how much for their receivers?
    HA Ha ha - What?
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    maybe trump will get rid of those silly short barreled laws and let up buy a practical short barreled gun without a stamp or hassle.
    Trump can't get rid of laws alone. You're gonna need Congress to pass a bill for that. I called my Representative and he's on board. My Senator is Rand Paul, so I figured I didn't need to call him.
    NRA Endowment Member

Armed people don't march into gas chambers.

Moderator Emeritus

Friend of mine ran a huge trap line and used a lever action "mares leg"(version he had was a trapper special, same length though) to put down fox and coyotes caught in the traps, and one badger. Sure a 22lr would have usually worked but the last badger I shot close with a 22 just made it madder...

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    id have to ask what the heck its good for. Even in a home defense shotgun id rather have an 18 inch stocked gun. To me it falls into the same category as those lever action mares legg pistols. About useless. More of a horses %%% then a mares leg

je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Banned
    To All,

ONE of my current plans for a "project" is "sawing off" a 20-Gauge Mag or 12-Gauge DOUBLE-BARREL into a "sort of a clone" of the old-school AUTO-BURGLAR GUN with 10-inch barrels.
    (This of course means that I have to go through the "hassle" of dealing with the bureaucrats of BATFE & paying the NEEDLESS/WORTHLESS 200.oo tax.)

Once that's done, I may well look into becoming a manufacturer of the "shot pistol" & trying to get BATFE to declare it a normal handgun, as Mossberg has accomplished with their Model 590 SHOCKWAVE with 14" tube.
    (I may be 100% WRONG but I think that such a "regular handgun" would be EASY to sell "a whole bunch of" in 20-gauge magnum.)

Note: I've been "thinking on this" for over 2 decades & was "ready to go" to be a manufacturer of AOW weapons in 1991, until the USA sent me OCONUS once again.
    (When the word "got out" at that time, I had a "potential customer", a State Department of Corrections, that wanted to buy 50 or more AOW for their institutions.)

yours, tex

ARM BRACE? Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I won't deny that this particular product seemed like an end run around the NFA.
    ....and that is what really pisses me off. Some of us actually follow the law, paid the $200 tax stamp for a SBS, waited our six-eight months for approval and called it a day.
    Arm brace? Are you Shi**ing me? If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    ....and that is what really pisses me off. Some of us actually follow the law, paid the $200 tax stamp for a SBS, waited our six-eight months for approval and called it a day.
    Arm brace? Are you Shi**ing me? If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.
    Sorry your so upset.
    You see some states dont allow SBS so I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.
    I can even bring MY Sig Brace to other states without jumping through hoops.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER