Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data Snyders Jerky

Thread: Lyman Spar T primer tube

Boolit Mold

Lyman Spar T primer tube

Creeker sent me here to ask you guys if anyone knows if the new primer feeder tubes are interchangeable with the older Lyman spar t turret press primer feeder tubes. This may have been asked before but i couldn't find a post using the search function...Also a recommendation for a decent priced powder measure for this setup as well. Thanks in advance

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    rotinknee2; Creeker:

I don't have any really recent Lyman or RCBS primer feed tubes, but those I have appear interchangeable with those for my Spar-T. If that doesn't work out I may have a couple of the original Lymans (used, dirty but functional) I could spare; PM me if you need them, and I'll see what I can turn up in my storage shed; might take a while, though....

With the 7/8"-14 to 5/8"-30 adapter, a Lyman #55 measure can be screwed into one of the Spar-T die stations - IF it has the threaded drop tube; the older ones do not, but the drop tubes are easy to find (people think they are 310 dies, and toss them into the junk bin when they don't work).

Fg
    NOV SHMOZ KA POP?

Boolit Master

I think they may be. I have an old Spar T and know they interchange with my newer RCBS tubes, which make me think they're kind of a universal thing.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by floodgate View Post
    rotinknee2; Creeker:

I don't have any really recent Lyman or RCBS primer feed tubes, but those I have appear interchangeable with those for my Spar-T. If that doesn't work out I may have a couple of the original Lymans (used, dirty but functional) I could spare; PM me if you need them, and I'll see what I can turn up in my storage shed; might take a while, though....

With the 7/8"-14 to 5/8"-30 adapter, a Lyman #55 measure can be screwed into one of the Spar-T die stations - IF it has the threaded drop tube; the older ones do not, but the drop tubes are easy to find (people think they are 310 dies, and toss them into the junk bin when they don't work).

Fg
    Does those tube have threads on them....im seeing some online and they look threaded....as far as i can see the primer feeder itself isnt threaded....if you have any that are functional let me know i dont mind the wait as im goin at this slowly getting tings together....my turret has had a powder measure in it before those adapter rings are there still with a tube sticking out of the bottom of the turrret and my father told me that where his old powder measure was....its nowhere to be found now so i have no idea what brand/model was on it. I do appreciate the help as i was given all this stuff from my father along with an old Smith Corona 03-A3 rifle so its given me yet another hobby and im learning as i go.

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    rotinknee2:

I think the "threading" you are seeing is just marks from the final lathe turning. PM me your PO address and a reminder, and I'll check my Spar-T collection once the current flurry (getting ready for our Fair next weekend) is over. If you don't hear from me in a couple of weeks, nag me.

I assume you do have the C-shaped, spring-loaded horizontal-swinging priming arm and the large and small priming punches.

Doug
    NOV SHMOZ KA POP?

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by floodgate View Post
    rotinknee2:

I think the "threading" you are seeing is just marks from the final lathe turning. PM me your PO address and a reminder, and I'll check my Spar-T collection once the current flurry (getting ready for our Fair next weekend) is over. If you don't hear from me in a couple of weeks, nag me.

I assume you do have the C-shaped, spring-loaded horizontal-swinging priming arm and the large and small priming punches.

Doug
    I said in the PM i sent you i only had one priming punch let me look again to be sure and ill post back a lil later i know u have the one thats on it is a 30-06 dunno if the other one is there or not.