Inline FabricationRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I love the 06

Cal..30 M2 Ball for US rifle M1903 or US rifle M1...could anything be better? T47, 7.62x51 NATO, M885, Cal. .45 Gov't., .30 USA, 58/100in. expanding ball, Cal..45 M1911 ball, Calibre .69 buck &ball! I love 'em all but the .30 Gov't. M1906 is something special. Oh, and of course Cal..50 BMG...

Boolit Master
    Lloyd Smale
    I'm right there with you brother first center fire was a Sav 110 in 06! Traded that one in for a Rem 7400 '06. I love anything .30 caliber! Hence I have a 30-30 and a 300 Blkout. Going to set my SIL out on the '06 journey for Christmas with a used Rem 700 ADL in '06. From cast bullets to heavy Jwads there isn't much the '06 can't or hasn't done in the field!

Nuthin moar needs to be said here. So I'll just add to my post count and chime in. Love me some '06'. In the house I grew up in, it was the cartridge by which all others are judged. Pops had heavier calibers, and we had lighter too, but the M70 winchester in 30-06 always ended up in the back on the way out when meat was on the menu. Going to go look at a Weatherby Vangard in 06 listed local right now.

Boolit Buddy

Remington BuckMaster .30-06 w/Leupold 3x9 VXII
    Boyds gun stock, bedded
    Nosler 150gr Ballistic Tip
    Shot this guy at 305 yards (rangefinder confirmed)
    One shot,went 30feet after the shot (farthest ANY deer has traveled after being hit by this load)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	182733

Yeah, I love the 30-06 !
    This rifle has killed a lot of deer for me through the years.

CPL Lou
    CPL Lou

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    My son now owns my old Interarms MkX 3006. Brilliant performance over the years, especially considering the light(ish) barrel. It is affectionately known as "Old Painless" in the family. My son is a bit of a slacker and it still resides in my safe, he pulls it out when he wanders home.

My license plates on my old Landrover were SP3006, but I foolishly let the registration run out and now they would want an annual fee for them, so I relinquished the plates.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master
    The old "oh-6" is a great cartridge!
    a few years ago I had a debate with a fellow, who thought the 30-06 wasnt capable of shooting long range.
    So, naturally, I built a long range rifle in 30-06, and made it a switch barrel. I have a 30-06,280 Remington barrels for it now. Eventually, there will be a 35 whelan, 270,25-06 barrels as well.

I managed to get that rifle on target out to 1760 yards. I knew she could do it!