RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan Reloading Load Data

Thread: # 10 caps.

In Remembrance

# 10 caps.

I have never before seen any # 10 caps in Alaska before. Haven't checked the sporting goods for several months or even been in sportsmans, but stopped in today and low and behold, there was #10 caps. I was nicae and left half of them, just in case somebody else wants some. May check back in a couple of days though.

Boolit Master

They will be slightly smaller than #11's. Good to have on hand but you need to check to ensure that they fit properly for your application.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Very good of you. I never see #10s here in AL either. I have to order all of mine. I use 11s for the rifles but my open top Colts like 10s.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    starmac; What's your application for the 10s?

The German brand RWS, 1075 caps are a good match to our #10s also, just in case you run into some of those. They come in a red plastic round, similar in size to the steel containers you're used to. I've been through a 100 of them, just to try them, and they work great on my Italian repro percussion revolvers that normally take Remington #10s very well. Though the 1075s seem slightly tighter fitting, it may be that they're just a little harder in the cup.

Starmac,
    Are you talking Remington or CCI? There's a world of difference in the "#10s" from CCI, Remington & RWS (their 1055). All my C&B revolvers take the Rem#10 or else I swap out the nipples so they do. Half of them will also take the CCI#11s & the other half will also take the RWS 1075s. NONE of them will take the RWS#1055 or CCI#10 which are much smaller than the rest. I've seen the Rem#10s at Sportsman's Warehouse for ~$6/100 here in Orygun. Also Sportsman's has (in my opinion) mispriced Black MZ and have it for sale a $9.99/lb where it is double that everywhere else.
    Hellgate in Orygun
    With 16+revolvers, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of cap&ball.
    If you do not subscribe to a newspaper you are uninformed. If you do subscribe to a newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

Boolit Buddy
    i have a rifle, a traditions inline that i have to check every so often to make sure that my #11 hasnt fallen off. my friend tells me that i need to get some #10s.
    frankly, i will probably sooner put a musket cap nipple on it because thats what i have on my other rifle.
    hello.

In Remembrance
    I bought them for my pietta handgun. these are cci # 10's. It sounds like I should check before I buy any more. lol