Reloading EverythingWidenersTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lube sizer faster than tumble lube?

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    This his is the most efficient method I have come up with for smoke free bullets.

What coating are you using on those boolits?

Thanks Warf
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    If you shoot pb as cast ,tumble lubing can't be beat for speed .
    ^this

I tumble lube, hightek and still use the old lyman depending on application.
    For low pressure revolver loads shot without sizing I will TL, handgun boolits to be sized normally get coated and through a push through sizer. Plain base rifle boolits usually get the same treatment, in fact I find myself coating nearly all my rifle bullets even for BP loads and then using the lyman if I am fitting gas checks and to apply lube for BP boolits.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    If you shoot pb as cast ,tumble lubing can't be beat for speed .
    Agreed... But if you are going to resize the bullets after tumble lubing, I suspect the traditional lube machines are about the same speed.

Another option is to dip lube -- dip the bullets in the same lube that would be used for pan lubing (but melted), and then stack them to the side. Once you get through with them, run them through the Lee push through sizer die to scrape off most of the lube.

When I'm tumble lubing, I just use a can of JPW mixed with alox and then spread them out on a glass tray to dry. I'll usually end up adding a dash of talc powder to them when I'm storing them in bags to ensure there is no residual stickiness.

For others, I powder coat...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post

Another option is to dip lube -- dip the bullets in the same lube that would be used for pan lubing (but melted), and then stack them to the side. Once you get through with them, run them through the Lee push through sizer die to scrape off most of the lube.

Dip lubing...never heard of that. Kind of a pan lube/tumble lube cross. I may try this for some for fun. Probably gunks up your sizer pretty fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Emeritus

when I had a Rossi 44 spl revolver that had way oversize throats and barrel, I dipped lubed unsized 434 boolits. I'd use a homemade cake cutter to remove the excess, since I had no plans of sizing them. But if I were to size them, I'd use a cake cutter anyway...and it would keep the sizing die from getting too gooped up.

Back to your original question. The answer is, buy the lube sizer, I'd recommend a 45 over the 450...but if you can afford a star, that's even better.

I've found some guns will shoot good with a TL'd boolit, and some will do better with a traditional lubed (and sized) boolit. and while I'm not a fan of PC, I suspect there is some use for that as well.
    Good Luck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by sukivel View Post
    Dip lubing...never heard of that. Kind of a pan lube/tumble lube cross. I may try this for some for fun. Probably gunks up your sizer pretty fast.
    There are some people who dip lube with an alox mixture, but I was talking about just using a normal solid lube groove type lube and heating it up until it becomes molten. The push through sizer scrapes the lube off the sides. Yeah, the sizer die does start getting a bit of it building up on the bottom, but I just keep a craft stick (aka "popsicle stick") handy to scrape it periodically when it starts to build up too much. The only issue that I have with it is that you also get a buildup of lube on the base of the bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by warf73 View Post
    What coating are you using on those boolits?

Thanks Warf
    Hi-Tek

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Bullet+coating

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    Second fastest method by far, which includes lubing and sizing, is with the STAR nothing is close and you can reload immediately after.
    fixed it