WidenersLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shotgun Dies

Since I only want to use slugs I could probably get the roll crimper and put in my mill or drill pressfor crimping the loads.

If I put the MEC pro on a board then I have to take the board off to store it every time as it will not fit in the storage cabinet it is kept in with the board.
    Or you could mount it to a small board and clamp it in the vise on your mill or drill press.

I understand it's not what you are wanting to hear but you already told us you have a shotshell press.

Thats is kind of like going to a boating forum and telling folks you have a boat already but you really want to know how to turn your car into a sailboat.

Banned

Have you considered an Inline Fabrication Ultramount and the Quick-change plates? I have three Ultra Mounts and a bunch of presses mounted on the quick-change plates. Very happy with this system. Put your MEC on a plate and you other press/presses on plates and swap them out. They even have a plate for the MEC sizer which I have as well. Also have a vise on one, RCBS Auto Prime, etc. Quick-change plates are cool.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jmort View Post
    I find this thread to be most interesting and don't get posts 15 and 17 as both add zero to the thread except taking up server space. If the O/P is offended by the time and effort,which is apparent in the responses, I suppose he could state his displeasure.
    Actually, I was interested in the OP's original question, and the thread drift went 17.5 miles in the opposite direction, explaining temporary press mounting methods. Post 18 just added zero to the thread...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    The thread is being read by lots of people who are interested in various aspects of reloading. It is true that RCBS and CH4D dies, although good, are expensive for what they do, and perhaps only really worthwhile for people doing some unusual development work - slugs with brass cases, say, where the product isn't needed in volume.

So the use of a cheap shotgun press as an alternative, and temporary ways of operating one you will only use occasionally, seem perfectly relevant. Lots of people do the things that have been advocated here, but hardly anyone turns a car into a sailboat.

I once tried to unscrew the threaded bush in my Rockchucker, just out of curiosity, but I found it defied all the pressure I dared to put on a large adjustable wrench. Does anybody know if it is a left-hand thread or loctited?

I once tried to unscrew the threaded bush in my Rockchucker, just out of curiosity, but I found it defied all the pressure I dared to put on a large adjustable wrench. Does anybody know if it is a left-hand thread or loctited?
    Nothing to see in there except another set of threads, both are right hand threads BTW.

If your trying to get it out to convert to the Hornady style bushings, use an impact and/or hex socket. An adjustable or open face wrench is not the best idea on such thin flats.

Just be careful not to get any of the OLD Lachmiller 12G dies, they don't fit the classic cast or other modern 50bmg presses.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Boolit Grand Master
    As an alternative to the RCBS or CH4D, a Lee loader would do the same thing and cost less.
    I would think an arbor press would work in place of the hammer.

Boolit Bub

There is a set of the old RCBS 12ga dies for plastic hulls on Ebay now. Auction starting price $99. There was another set on a few weeks ago and they were asking for $89. The listing ended with no bid, then they were on again for $79 and again no bids.

Boolit Bub
    You could always get a Lee Load-all II they are cheap enough, light, small and I know people who have loaded shells with one in their lap setting on a couch.

BW

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk