Boolit Buddy

K31 goodness

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	174497
    53 yards with the standard sights
    Cannot believe I could hit a beer cap! Twice!
    And these were the only 8 rounds I put on this tiny target.
    My friend with his 300 win mag and big optic did not have much to say lol.
    Lee 312-155 with 3031
    The picture needs to rotate 90 degrees to the right

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    How about with stock sights, a 22" wide by 25" tall coyote steel silhouette at 1000yds?
    Took several sighters scaring the coyote within inches - but he finally gave up the ghost!
    PS - good shooting at the cap
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

Swiss K31

They are fine and accurate carbines and will hit things way out yonder with boring regularity. My only complaint with them is that they are kind of addicting and make for lots of fun at the range.

NOE has a very nice mould made just for the K31's short lead. Here's the link.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product...roducts_id=344
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Mold
    I hope to make my first cast boolit try in my 1957 K31 later this week. Will try the Lee 312-160 and Lee 309-160 with 2400 and 5744. I have to seat these fairly deep to be able to chamber! I have a new Lee 309-200 that I have not used yet; need to see how its dimensions come out. I am using 1:1 linotype/wheel weight for my alloy which may be a little hard; this is what a mentor to me 25+ years ago suggested.

I have never used NOE molds but have seen the comments on them on this list. Do you have to buy their mold handles or will they work with other brands?

Gary

Boolit Buddy
    My Lee 2 cavity handles fit my NOE 2 cavity molds with no problems.

Boolit Buddy

Have used mine with Lee 312-155 ( weigh in at 162g) powder coated and GC in reduced loads using BE.. RD... 700x at round 1100-1200 fps with good results out to 100 yards .. and had lots of fun too.

Boolit Buddy
    I have tried some plinkers as well using 700x and they were fun.

Boolit Master
    I just picked up a nice K-31. Likely paid a bit too much for it but I really like it. It was made in the 1930's by Swiss craftsmen. How does it get any better?

I would really like to mount a scope on it. I saw a scope mount that's a bolt on but it offsets the scope well to the right. Normally that isn't a problem but I need to shoot with my left eye as my right doesn't work too well. There's no way to get a cheek weld with the scope in that location.

The only other mount I saw requires drilling and tapping a couple or three holes...I believe it mounts the scope more in line with the barrel.
    [

Boolit Master

There's a mount (name escapes me right now) that uses the two action screws to mount so that there is no D&T required. I believe that it also centers the scope up over the action. It's pricey as I recall, but I guess someday I'll break down and buy one.

Scroll down on this link to find the mount:

http://www.swissproductsllc.com/

Lots of other cool K31 stuff here too.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

Boolit Master
    How's the recoil? The action I always find interesting.

Boolit Buddy
    With GP11 the recoil isn't too bad (heavy rifle)

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."

I'm Just Showing Off Again

It's been a long while since I posted this Pic. It shows my 200 yard group using cast bullets cast in one of the NOE 30 caliber spitzer molds.

The target is being held by one of the range officers at our local shooting range. I deliberately asked him to hold it for me as a witness. Unfortunately he was holding it turned the wrong way. The target should be turned counter clock-wise 90 degrees.

The small cluster of shots at the top of this target (as it's being held) is my 200 yard group. I was able to duplicate this with similar groups on a couple of occasions. This was before I re-barreled and re-chambered this same K31. The other bullet holes on this target were made by shooting other random loaded 7.5x55 cartridges I had loaded some time earlier. I was using them to get on paper before shooting my pet loads.

HollowPoint

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot the lyman 314 200 grain boolit sized 311 over 38 grains of imr4350. one of my few milsurps that hits the 24 inch ram regularly at 550 yards.

Boolit Buddy
    Optic or iron sights?
    I need to find a long distance shooting area to test my skills and loads.

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    My K31 has a BSA 8x32 scope mounted on it. It required the making of a custom scope mount but it was worth it. These rifles are generally very accurate as is. With a scope mounted it just sort of squeezes as much accuracy out of them as possible.

HollowPoint

Boolit Buddy
    iron sights. other than a custom job, I don't know of anyone making a scope mount for the k31

Boolit Master
    There are these. Much was also made on the www.swissrifles.com site about the St. Marie scope mount, but the link seems to be broken. I don't know if that actually is Swissproducts.

http://www.brownells.com/optics-moun...-prod1666.aspx

http://www.swissproductsllc.com/

http://theswissriflesdotcommessagebo...ount-for-K3143

I have one of these mounts. Got the heads up from a Venturino article some years ago. http://www.accumounts.com/swiss-k31.html
    If liberals knew what they were missing, they’d give up drugs, sex and rock-n-roll for shooting and hunting. But then the rest of us would never draw an elk tag, so to hell with 'em! — James "Mitch" Vilos aka (Pancho Vilos)