Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Snyders Jerky
Page 28 of 47 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Homemade?

Boolit Buddy
    Due to wanting a portable reloading facility, I built this. It's set up on a piece of 2X8 and has my press and measure on it. It allows me to go do reloading nights periodically with a friend of mine and be portable. I may end up with a more permanent facility soon but I also like that I can move it around the house so I can keep an eye on the kiddo in the bath while reloading.

ED:

Forgot to mention, I stuck a piece of tape on the bottom below the press so primers don't spill everywhere. I also used these for the mounting:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z_J53zfo5oy.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	169631

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar
    They are called T Nuts in Australia, I don't know what you guys call them. I had a helluva job trying to describe what I wanted to a big hardware store chain employee before I knew the name (when I found them, I had to explain how they worked, he was fascinated, haha).
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    They are called T Nuts in Australia, I don't know what you guys call them. I had a helluva job trying to describe what I wanted to a big hardware store chain employee before I knew the name (when I found them, I had to explain how they worked, he was fascinated, haha).
    I've always called them blind nuts but have heard T nuts before just not sure where the "T" comes from.
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

From the shape when viewed from the side I think. I have heard them referred to as blond nuts as well.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by four fingers of death View Post
    from the shape when viewed from the side i think. I have heard them referred to as blond nuts as well.
    rotflol !!!!!!
    Lead bullets Matter

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves. - Will Rodgers

HaHa! Make that blind nuts!

Banned
    I was going to post pics but was so intimidated I decided not to. LOL. jmorris do you take on indentured slaves?

Boolit Mold
    I have created some cad data for a die storage system for the Lock-N-Load quick connect system. I got tired of storing dies in a tackle box, and most of my reading and lee dies won't fit in their original case with the quick connect.

Name:	IMG_0168.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	170149

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	170150Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160526_222052 (1).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	170148
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160523_220157.jpg  

Boolit Master
    Most excellent, I doft my cap to you. I think you could sell that idea.
    Lucky Joe
    "There's always a way."

Quote Originally Posted by 62chevy View Post
    rotflol !!!!!!
    Bruce Jenner isn't a blond perchance?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Four Fingers of Death View Post
    Bruce Jenner isn't a blond perchance?

Could be.
    Lead bullets Matter

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Joe View Post
    Most excellent, I doft my cap to you. I think you could sell that idea.
    That is an interesting concept. The only problem is that I wouldn't know where to begin. I don't know how many people would even be interested in buying one or how much to charge. For now though it is keeping things well organized in the man cave!

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_V View Post
    Hi guys,

I was always bumping my elbows into my presses on my loading bench when trying to work on something other than reloading, so I decided it was time to make my presses "Quick Change" in an attempt to free up valuable bench space. I uploaded a YouTube video of the finished product.
    This is the way the system is supposed to look and work. Two things though. One, you're going to get requests to see the storage rack details. And two, what is the metal disk inletted to the bench to right of the press station and its purpose?
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    This is the way the system is supposed to look and work. Two things though. One, you're going to get requests to see the storage rack details. And two, what is the metal disk inletted to the bench to right of the press station and its purpose?
    Should anyone need to see pics that are "closer up", just ask and I will get some.

The metal disc that's inletted into the benchtop is for when I do "Bulge Busting". Rather than use the small red container the Lee supplies, I use a 5 gallon pail and route a tube from the Bulge buster die to a bracket that's held in place magnetically (hence the disc). After the cases are run through the bulge buster, they continue their way through the tube to the 5 gallon bucket. This was done because I normally bulge bust a thousand or so cases at a time and removing the red container got to be a royal pain in the ***.
    Your Feedback is appreciated
    Johnny V
    NRA Benefactor
    Member GOA, NAGR & Life Member OGCA
    CCW OH & PA

Banned
    It almost looks like I could take the people on this site and rebuild the Saturn V Rocket. Hah. Very impressive stuff folks.

Boolit Mold
    HI all. So, I decided to build a pin tumbler, but I wanted a drum with a little larger capacity than PVC pipe. So long story short, I used an old #20 LP tank. I think the pics will explain what I did, just thought I would share. (just don't make too much fun of my boogered up welds, its been a while ) I had to make a ring that was the right size for the PVC out of straight stock. FYI, that wasn't as easy as I thought it would be! I just have to add some internal fins, sandblast it and paint. Now to build the tumbler.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	171026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	171027Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	171028Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	171029Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	171030Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	171031Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	171032

Homemade Moon Clip Loader

Two weeks ago I purchased a S&W model 25-2, 45 ACP revolver from Gunbroker. I needed a tool to load the moon clips. Instead of purchasing one for $50.00 I made one that works quite well for $4.00. I do not claim to have invented anything. I looked on line at what others have made and are using and watched some loading tools in use on Youtube.
    The moon clip slips over the 3/8” nut and rests on the yellow plastic washer. The plastic washer is needed to raise the moon clip up 0.30” above the board to allow the case head extraction groove to snap into the moon clip. The plastic washer was made using a drill, sanding disk, and file. The aluminum bar pivots on the 5/16” carriage bolt. The screw driver slot was cut in the end of each of the bolts with a hack saw. The round notch on the aluminum bar keeps the cartridge from sliding away from the clip opening. The opposite side of the board was counter bored for the bolt heads to fit flush. Assembly is with wrenches and a screw driver.
    It took about the same amount of time to make this thing as it did to photograph and write about it.
    Parts List:
    ¾”x 2 ½” x 8” hickory lumber
    ¼”x3/4”x7” aluminum flat bar
    5/16”x 1 ½” carriage bolt
    5/16” nylon lock nut
    3/8”x 1 ½” carriage bolt
    3/8” nylon lock nut
    3/8” plastic washer 0.660” O.D., 0.030” thick made from the lid of a Berger bullet box.

DRB #2276 President's Hundred 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Recoil View Post
    Two weeks ago I purchased a S&W model 25-2, 45 ACP revolver from Gunbroker. I needed a tool to load the moon clips. Instead of purchasing one for $50.00 I made one that works quite well for $4.00. I do not claim to have invented anything. I looked on line at what others have made and are using and watched some loading tools in use on Youtube.
    The moon clip slips over the 3/8” nut and rests on the yellow plastic washer. The plastic washer is needed to raise the moon clip up 0.30” above the board to allow the case head extraction groove to snap into the moon clip. The plastic washer was made using a drill, sanding disk, and file. The aluminum bar pivots on the 5/16” carriage bolt. The screw driver slot was cut in the end of each of the bolts with a hack saw. The round notch on the aluminum bar keeps the cartridge from sliding away from the clip opening. The opposite side of the board was counter bored for the bolt heads to fit flush. Assembly is with wrenches and a screw driver.
    It took about the same amount of time to make this thing as it did to photograph and write about it.
    Parts List:
    ¾”x 2 ½” x 8” hickory lumber
    ¼”x3/4”x7” aluminum flat bar
    5/16”x 1 ½” carriage bolt
    5/16” nylon lock nut
    3/8”x 1 ½” carriage bolt
    3/8” nylon lock nut
    3/8” plastic washer 0.660” O.D., 0.030” thick made from the lid of a Berger bullet box.

Simple and effective now make one to pop all the empty out at once

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mighty clever FlyingMonkey

I'm looking to upgrade my progressive press (RCBS Pro 2000) and would like to add a bullet feeder. I see quite a few shown on youtube, but none seem to detail how the bullet flipper part works. Somehow, if the bullet is in the wrong orientation, it tips over, then is oriented correctly with a cutout ramp. What makes the bullet tip over if upside down?

Name:	2016-07-04 21_08_31-Homemade_.png 
Views:	1337 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	171585