RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wally World Surprise

Wally World Surprise

Wuz in ("Was" for you folks that live north of here ), Walmart today and naturally my buggy led me to the Sporting Goods. I have asked for at least the last 2 years about 22lr ammo and the answer has been no, until today.

I asked the nice Lady if they had anything marked down because of Father's Day and she just grinned. Then I asked about 22lr and she said yes. When my chin got up off my shirt I bought 3-100 count boxes of Rem golden boolits. I think she had 2 boxes left.

Happy Father's Day,

Leon

Boolit Master
    Good to hear you had some luck.
    The only 22lr ammo I have been able to find is at outrageous inflated prices.
    I can load my cast 158 gr bb boolit in 38spc for about the same cost haven't shot any 22lr in years.
    NRA Life Member

Yep, going rate is about $0.10 to $0.15 per round at most stores.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master

Went to Rual King, a farm store, and there in the gun section was a huge box in front of the counter piled high with 50rd boxes of .22 for $5.25. Good price for my area. No limit.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Banned

wow you guy's are getting hosed.
    333 packs are like 17-19 bucks depending on who made them.
    500 packs of others are about 34.00
    hmm now it sounds like we are all getting hosed, I'm not buying any so I'm getting hosed less.

Boolit Master
    for the last 3 years i have not fired a .22. keep a 92 in .25-20 by the kitchen door for critters. and a 92 in .32-20 on the other side of the house for the same thing.

Banned

Noticed some CCI Stingers for a little under seven bucks a box of fifty in Wal Mart this evening, but that was all they had. I passed.

Boolit Man
    Last week I got 1000 Winchester M22 for $54.00- What a deal

Boolit Master
    I also acquired my first .25-20 recently. Will not buy over priced .22 LR unless absolutely necessary.

I am still sitting on several boxes of 525 count Rem golden boys that I bought for $7.99 on sale at BiMart!

Best regards

Three 44s

Boolit Grand Master

I bought some of the auto match 325 count boxes that PSA had on sale a few weeks ago.

Right or wrong, I've accepted the "new cost" of 22lr. I wasn't wise enough old enough to buy or rich enough to stock up 10-30 years ago.

Boolit Buddy
    Good to hear you found some! The Golden Bullet has been around here for the last month or so, goes quickly though. I scored a GB 1400rnd. bucket a few weeks ago for $74

Boolit Master
    Golden bullets... I'm sorry to hear that.
    LGS near me has had piles of 22 every time I've visited this year. I usually stop by at least one or twice a month. This includes $4 a box cheap stuff, $21 Federal Auto Match for 325 rnds, or $40 for various bulk packs. I don't even look most of the time I'm in Walmart. They've had nothing in stock that I've seen in over a year.

When you shoot those Remington Golden Bullets, be sure to wear eye protection. I have had 3 ruptured cases from golden bullets in two different bricks in the past year. Two different rifles that were new and no other problems in those rifles with other brands of bullets. blew out the rim section due to high pressure. Needless to say, I will pass on Golden bullets in the future.

Boolit Master
    Our local wally world hasn't had any 22 in stock over the last few years. Guess the gremlins are still stocking up. Last gun show the federal 525 packs were going for $50 and the auto match 350 pack was $35 each. I haven't fired a 22 in years as I refuse to buy at these prices. Frank

Boolit Buddy
    I was waiting for the Remington/ Golden Bullet bash hahaha. I'll say about a decade ago they fed great and were quite accurate out of my 10/22. Are they really that bad now? Show me some proof.
    Last edited by MediumCore358; 06-17-2016 at 03:51 AM.

Banned
    I have shot about a half of a 1400 round bucket of Remington Golden Bullets in the past several months. No problems in my Mossberg 702. But I would bet that thing would handle anything. Just another note. I have some old Remington Vipers. Shot some of them too. They are about 4 times dirtier than the new Golden Bullets.
    I bought the 1400 round bucket just before Christmas of 15 at Dunham Sports in Wisconsin for $79.99 I doubt if I will ever pay more than that.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffer View Post
    I have shot about a half of a 1400 round bucket of Remington Golden Bullets in the past several months. No problems in my Mossberg 702. But I would bet that thing would handle anything. Just another note. I have some old Remington Vipers. Shot some of them too. They are about 4 times dirtier than the new Golden Bullets.
    I bought the 1400 round bucket just before Christmas of 15 at Dunham Sports in Wisconsin for $79.99 I doubt if I will ever pay more than that.
    That's what I like to hear. I know Remington isn't premium ammo but it works for me. Last misfire I've had has been with American eagle in their cheap fake ****50 round box 500 round brick*** BS!! actually 10x 40round boxes 400 brick.

The price for these was $7.76 for a box of 100, plus tax.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

There is one place not far from me is selling 22lr for $40 for 525 . It dose not matter what the make is. So if I really need them I would get them form there. they are the only place I seen with that large brick for some time.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master

I'm still shooting from my stock from the 80's
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt