Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication Repackbox

Thread: What parts and where to obtain for Marlin M1895?

Boolit Master

What parts and where to obtain for Marlin M1895?

I want to convert my straight grip stainless steel M1895 to pistol grip. I cannot identify parts numbers for the Trigger Guard Plate correct for pistol grip stainless steel M1895. I do not know whether tang screw must be correct for the Trigger Guard Plate. I am unsure what other parts, excluding lever, are required -- if any. . . . But wait, there's more.

Neither Midway nor Brownell's shows any Trigger Guard Plate being available at retail. I have been trying to reach Marlin's Customer Service for more than one week. They have a nifty system. No E-mails, and one telephone line. I am unable to get past the waiting que.

Are conversion parts, particularly the Trigger Guard Plate, gunsmith-only available?
    Is there a stainless steel pistol grip lever whose lever is larger than Marlin's without being grotesquely oversized?
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Your only recourse, outside the factory, is to swap all the parts with some like-minded person, with a PG-stocked rifle, that wants a straight gripped one.

The part number(s) will do you little good, since AFAIK Marlin won't sell the lower plate outright to anyone.

They MIGHT refit your rifle, for a price, through their Service Dept.

Why not snailmail them a note ?

Boolit Master

Talking

I would send it back to Marlin. Earlier this year I gave them my 1970's model 1894 in 357mag to convert to 38spl only, octagon barrel, pistol grip, and re stamp the S/N on the left side of the receiver. Total cost was $450.00. So now I have a cowboy gun in 38spl with a pistol grip. The cost included new stocks, barrel, lower tang trigger group, and lever.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pietro View Post
    Your only recourse, outside the factory, is to swap all the parts with some like-minded person, with a PG-stocked rifle, that wants a straight gripped one.

The part number(s) will do you little good, since AFAIK Marlin won't sell the lower plate outright to anyone.

They MIGHT refit your rifle, for a price, through their Service Dept.

Why not snailmail them a note ?
    Marlin shows no E-mail address on their CONTACT page. I find no E-mail address for them anywhere in their web site. If you have one, please let me know it.

Swapping with someone appeals to me. I have been unaware that there was commerce in this kind of problem solving. I'd swap in a New York minute if I could identify someone interested in stainless M1895 straight grip metal.
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson