Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question on how much do you pay for a pak of primers?

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Swagerman View Post
    I wish to thank all of you with the input of post on the various primer prices...which seems to be quite different in certain locations.

Another question please. Is there still a hazmat fee for shipping primers? I would like to know how much if possible...this will determine whether I buy more local, or from some out of state vendor.

Thanks, Jim
    Hazmat is $20 for primers or powder or a combination of both from most places.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

A few weeks ago I paid $107.50 for 5k, it's nice having Powder Valley within a 45min drive.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Master At Heavens Range 2008 Swagerman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Down South View Post
    Hazmat is $20 for primers or powder or a combination of both from most places.
    ================================================== =

Well, if Hazmat fee is $20.00 I might as well go ahead and buy my 1K primers here locally.

Thanks for the info, Down South.

Jim
    Last edited by Swagerman; 07-09-2008 at 10:08 PM.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Last primers I bought were $69.00 per 5000, bought all they had. That was last summer.

Boolit Master

Here in the town of clowns I paid $375. for 15K rem 71/2s last month.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    An coupler months ago I bought 20 K Wolfe primers for about $20.00 per K. What a bummer. About 25% are duds. To bad no one takes returns on primers. Oh well only 19, 950 times wondering weather the next one will fire or not.

Boolit Buddy
    Bad Water Bill, were the primers new? If so what are the lot #'s so we'll know what to watch for? If you bought them new from a dealer I would think they would do something about it. Maybe Wolfes' U.S. rep could help?

Banned
    Primer prices are a bit variable here in N.E. Ohio.

MagTech peestol primers are running me about $25/K, Win peestol are running me $27/k, CCI Mag Peestol (cci350s for the 45 Colt) are running me $28/k.

I shoot a lot of shotguns too, Win 209s are running me $30/k, gonna find a cheaper shotshell primer.

I find primers ADVERTISED for cheaper locally, but they never seem to be in stock at the lower prices. The local Gander Mountain is nuts for primers, $3.99 and UP, PER HUNDRED.

SSB

$28.00per Thousand

Boolit Bub
    Powder Valley has the best prices on primers and powder that I have found. Large and small Wolf primers are $90.00 per 5,000 + shipping and haz mat fee. I have used thousands of Wolf primers with no problems.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

Boolit Master

I just bought 10,000 Wolf Large Rifle primers from Widener's and its a good thing I did. I ordered last week and they arrived yesterday and now I see that they are sold out. Powder Valley and Midway have been sold out of Wolf LR for some time.

I bought them for my new (not here yet) 6.5-284 Stolle 1000 yard prone gun. I was told they were the best for accuracy (as far as LR primers go). The fact that they are (comparitively) cheap doesn't hurt either.

I do remember people complaining about misfires a few years ago when the Russian primers first landed in the US. The long range shooters loved the accuracy but it turned out that they are a little larger in diameter than US made primers and one had to be certain that they were seated fully to the bottom of the primer pocket to insure good ignition.

Just bought 20 k Large pistol CCI primers here in the UK and paid the equivalent of 800 dollars.
    How about $60 for a pound of Alliant powder?
    Diesel here is $11 a gallon.
    I just bought the book Marlin Firearms by Brophy. It came to the UK via Amazon from a shop in PA at a postage cost of $5.50. The same book was twice the price and would have cost $15 from a shop 50 miles from where I live!
    Figure that out.
    Tony

I picked up some CCI Large Pistol Magnum primers for $29.99 per 1000. The next time I buy, I'll probably get a 5K brick and possibly save a bit more money. I wish I knew some other reloaders in the area because that way we could pool our resources, buy in bulk and save some dough.
    --- Patrick G.

Boolit Master
    i guess its all economy of scales...or something like that.

i have no idea when the last time was that i bought 100 primers ........

min is 1k, normal is multiple 5k sleeves.......

dont ask me how many i have.....

but if i buy in the 50k(10x5k sleeves) range, i'm still in the low 20's per k

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Master
    Rem 7 1/2 SR BR....$23.99 plus tax at my local guy today. Bought his last full brick.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Quote Originally Posted by singleshotbuff View Post

I shoot a lot of shotguns too, Win 209s are running me $30/k, gonna find a cheaper shotshell primer.

SSB
    That's cheap for me I see em for 40.
    Are you mormon? no. Are you catholic? no. Do you know what causes it? yes. and we like it.

Boolit Grand Master

Where our governors, congressmen AND THEIR WIVES make our license plates
    EARL BRASSE The # are NCSR 1-07 As far as seating depth goes I loaded 2 50 round boxes of 218 bee fully prepped new cases. Each rowe was the same 1-1 2-2 etc except that one box used CCI Small rifle primers and the other used Wolfe Small rifle primers. Zero duds with the CCI but 13 duds with the Wolfe. Sure is hard on load development.

Boolit Buddy
    I found some at Sportsman's Wharehouse in Coon Rapids, MN back around the end of June and paid $27.99 / K for Win Small Pistols. Win LRP's were the same price. I think Federals were a bit less. I think the coming political situation has a lot to do with the "availability".
    Hope this helps.

Banned
    About $12 per thousand but I bought a lot years ago.

Ohio's BEST CCW resource: http://ohioccwforums.org/
    My share of a group buy was 20K Wolf pistol primers (Small & Large) and it cost me $370 total including my share of Haz-Mat and shipping. That's $18.50 per thousand.
    Locally I've seen Magnum Match Rifle primers selling for $6 a sleeve of 100. The usual CCI and WIN primers are going for $4 a sleeve. Most stores are now selling 1K bricks for the same price as 10x trays of 100, no more brick price break.
    A local shop had 5K cases of WIN Large Pistol primers. He has them on the shelf for $3 a sleeve of 100, I offered him $125 cash + tax for a case of them and he said no.
    Due to market fluctuations I am no longer buying range scrap jackets.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc