Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: Washing machine turned into a vibratory tumbler

Washing machine turned into a vibratory tumbler

I thought this was interesting. Saw it on CraigsList here in the Austin area.

http://austin.craigslist.org/zip/5522816805.html

In case it gets scooped up & deleted, here's the whole text in the ad. It's not mine, nor do I know the person who did it. I'm pretty sure this has my cement mixer beat in terms of capacity.

Almost a vibratory parts tumbler! This is an almost finished project but I don't have time to mess with it. It started as a washing machine and has been stripped down to basically the drum with central cone and holes caulked up, and the motor rewired to run only on/off and mounted to the original bracket on the bottom. It only needs to have a counterbalance/weight added to the motor so it vibrates more. It currently has only a slight vibration.

Boolit Master
    Ever had a unbalanced load of laundry in your washer? I can't see this working well lol

Boolit Grand Master

Fun to unload also!!!!!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Mica_Hiebert View Post
    Ever had a unbalanced load of laundry in your washer? I can't see this working well lol
    I use bungees to secure a small plastic bucket to my Kenworth tractor; filled with brass and walnut media.. After driving all day in the oilfield roads all my brass comes out shiny!

Boolit Master
    It is amazing what People will do to save a Few Bucks.. . There Labor must be worth under $5.00 per Hour.. maybe It's The mental drive To do something On your Own. . it is just sheer stupidity
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Note that in the title it's a "Vibratory Tumbler Project"; but in the description, "Almost a vibratory parts tumbler! This is an almost finished project but I don't have time to mess with it."

Yeah, that last 10% is a real pain.

Boolit Grand Master

Most folks that I know that make "home made equipment" aren't doing it for money's sake. If someone wasn't just "piddling around" to figger out how to make something, would anybody have home made gas checks? Would anyone use a metal preservative to lube cast bullets? Would anyone even think about using lizard litter and car wax to clean their brass? Some can't see or can't experience what being satisfied with a finished project feels like. Making ammo at home is way more involved than buying a box of ammo at the LGS, the same as making a wobbler/cleaner at home versus buying one. But, feeling good about doing something constructive/inventive is much more satisfying. Far, far from stupidity...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Yep...true enough, success though is more frequently achieved by 'thinking through' a bit more thoroughly before grabbing your hammer and whacking away.
    This project looks like someone got too stoned and all they could see was a big vibratory tumbler, didn't look any further than that.

OS OK
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    Dryers work better! Wet or Dry!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10590025_809929889046890_1854028488_n.jpg  
    My hero's have always been Cowboys!

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Most folks that I know that make "home made equipment" aren't doing it for money's sake. If someone wasn't just "piddling around" to figger out how to make something, would anybody have home made gas checks? Would anyone use a metal preservative to lube cast bullets? Would anyone even think about using lizard litter and car wax to clean their brass? Some can't see or can't experience what being satisfied with a finished project feels like. Making ammo at home is way more involved than buying a box of ammo at the LGS, the same as making a wobbler/cleaner at home versus buying one. But, feeling good about doing something constructive/inventive is much more satisfying. Far, far from stupidity...
    If no one tried to build something out of another item there wouldn't be a "homemade?" sticky in this part of the forum. I like fiddlin with stuff too.

Boolit Master

I like to 'mess around' like my wife calls it. It's fun and every once in awhile I get something that really does what it's supposed to.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place