WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watching The Masters Golf tournament

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMagShooter View Post
    all i can think about is shooting the white ball with my 22
    Not 22 but 22-250. I controlled the ground hogs on a local course for a few years. It was fun, drove a cart around and shot hogs for an hour or so, before golfers showed up, a couple mornings each month all summer. Every once in a while I'd see a lost ball and couldn't resist vaporizing it. Eventually, the owners kids got old enough and I lost the "job"
    Last edited by quack1; 04-12-2016 at 07:31 AM. Reason: can't type

Banned

Boolit Buddy

I am thankful for golf, wouldnt have ammo for my cannon without it. Pretty much agree with the second post...

Boolit Man
    I always figured my dogs were smarter than mist golfers... If they were going to chase a ball they at least got somebody else to throw it.
    Golf course- waste of a perfectly good rifle range.

Moderator Emeritus

LOL! Golf IS a very frustrating game, because you're always playing against your previous best performance ever. Comraderie may be involved, but it's not necessary - kind'a like fishing and shooting. To me, shooting, hunting, fishing, etc. are "sports," and golf, football, etc. are "games," and there's a distinct difference between them. And among the games, golf is the only one you can play all your whole life long. It changes as you age, of course, but what doesn't?

I didn't start until after I'd already hurt my back, and if you can't turn consistently and precisely, you're not going to hit that little ball consistently. Consequently, I usually shot in the high 80's to over 100 at times, depending on the shape of my back. Figured the exercise would help my back, but unfortunately, it went the reverse direction. What's that old saying, "too soon old, too late smart?" Boy! Do I resemble THAT remark!

My son's a scratch golfer, and has won a number of local tournaments. I think I could have maybe at least done similarly at least, but will never know. Good to see him and the grandboys coming along, though. He's 45 now, and is losing his edge slowly with the inevitable physical demands of running his business. He gets just enough hard work to not be fully used to it, and that's a bad combination! I envy his scores! Oh well, a vicarious thriss beats none a'tall, I guess? I used to watch it all the time as a kid, and until just a few years ago. You have to understand it to appreciate watching it, like any other game, and it really helps to know the personalities involved so you can see how things affect them, and know the difference.

It's mind over matter, essentially. And that's the best and worst of it, depending on how you view that. I no longer watch because I've lost track of the people in it now. There's definitely a new "ethic" in the game today, but what can't we say that about? I've been to the Masters twice, and I think my son has too, and it's one unique event that you'll be impressed with if you ever get there. It's the only pro golf tournament I've ever been to, and I really didn't care about the others, so I reckon I've been lucky, really. Sure am thankful I got to go! It truly is a wonderful and unique place, and a one-of-a-kind event, just like Bobby Jones meant for it to be.

Boolit Master

Local gun shop is going to sponsor a mid-week tournament. Grenade launcher launched balls or cannon launched balls. The course owner is a shooter and they are trying to put it together this year after talking about it for a couple.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer in NH View Post
    Local gun shop is going to sponsor a mid-week tournament. Grenade launcher launched balls or cannon launched balls. The course owner is a shooter and they are trying to put it together this year after talking about it for a couple.
    Putting should be interesting.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks