Snyders JerkyLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I cant find my favs (231, h110, varget) - Any suggestions

IMR4064 is very close to Varget but is larger grains so it won't as much in a small cartridge as Varget. E.G the .223 it can be harder to measure and get those long grains into the case. Other than that it is essentially the same powder according to the ADI (manufacturer) equivalent chart http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handlo...quivalents.asp
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

Dang, too bad you were not closer. Last gunshow down here had H110 8lb kegs as well as W296. All you wanted to buy.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    cfe223 is similar to varget. dont forget the old staple 4198, h110 shoud be available W296 in the same thing, sorry I cant help much I have 8 lbs of varget and 10 lbs of h110 rat holed away, try unique or univerasal for your pistol powder.

Boolit Buddy
    I was at field & stream last weekend they had plenty of 231 but at 30$per lb I passed on it . ive still got 8 lb of imr pb here its pretty close to 231 i'll use it

PV still has w296 in 1,4,And 8 lb containers as of today......

Boolit Buddy
    Here's your H110 8lb shipped. Includes hazmat!
    https://www.slickguns.com/product/ho...ng-8-lbs-18850

Boolit Buddy
    Precision reloading had a lot the other day

Boolit Buddy
    I hate to rub salt in a wound but I bought a eight pound jug of Winchester 231 at Jays in Clare Michigan for $150 plus tax yesterday. They had about 7 or 8 more jugs. I do not know if they ship. I did not really need it, just getting ready for four years of Hillary.

Banned

I been hauling 8 lbs of green-dot, 2 lbs of red-dot, and a pound of enforcer all over western Wyoming this week.
    I found it in Casper, and it's been to the Utah border and back twice now it'll make it all the way home some time next week but i'm glad to have it.
    this is the first red-dot I have seen in 2-3 years now.
    last time I was in they had 2 lbs of 2400 which made it to Texas and back again before going home.
    I was hoping for more of that but i'll for sure take the red-dot and be happy.

Boolit Buddy
    Im time limited of load development (lazy and my retired parents just bought a house/farm 4 miles from me) so Im in that boat of wanting to stay with loads Ive worked up over the years rather than try to develop new ones - of course, Im reaching that point where the manufacturers will be phasing out my favorite powders so Im sure Ill have to at some point...I have always bought large amounts/stocked up on sales over the years and was hoping to put last the most recent panic buy, but im getting close to a serious restock. Problem I see is that all these folks while to pay $30+/k for primers and 10 cents/each for 22lr have shown the manufacturers that people will pay and their going to hang on to these prices as long as the market will bear....glad Im still shooting 2cent 22lr's but even that day will end at some point.
    Smooth is Fast

Boolit Buddy

There's some easy to find & cheap powders coming onto the US market from Nobel Sport and some might be worth checking out.

Look at: http://www.vectan.fr/UK/reloading-ch...pe_arme=epaule

plus: http://www.vectan.fr/UK/

Download the catalog pdf from the last one (listed in the "Tables Reloads" box and there's a cross-reference to US powders as far as burn speed.

I've been using Vectan AS since Clays disappeared a few years ago and I like it so much that I doubt if I'll go back to Clays. Powder Valley and Graf & Son both have these powders in stock along with BPI.
    In 2020 congress finally forced the VA to provide Agent Orange coverage to Blue Water Navy Vietnam veterans. RIP shipmates that never received proper care.