Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: Gray PC

Boolit Buddy

Gray PC

I got a pound of Bronze Titanium powder last week and tried it on some 30 cal bullet's and some 9mm bullet's. I was thinking I really didn't want to have some colorful bullet that I was gonna catch h*ll from my kid over. Well this stuff is almost the exact color of the lead bullet's! Had a hard time telling if it got on them or not. Yesterday I did them a second coat and they are not as silvery as the un-coated bullet. When loaded I suspect no one could tell they are not the bullet with no coating. Got it figured out now about PC vrs lube. I'll PC coat tumble lube bullet's and lube the other's. Have a 450 Lube sizer and I kinda like using it!

There you go. I've been casting tons of Lee TL452-230's lately. Powder coating them some truly nutty colors. I bought dozens of different "vibrant" colors off of Egay. Usually come as a twist-tied plastic bag. Went to the deli at the grocery store and bought a sleeve of quart sized plastic tubs with lids. Transferred the printed labels from the bags to the plastic tubs. I loves me some purple, blue, fluorescent green. etc.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance gpidaho's Avatar
    Eastwood clear covers very well. Looks like some of the hard lubes on commercial bullets. Gp

Smoke's clear coat would give you the color you are looking for as well. The best part about it is when tumbling its white so you can see how well it coats before baking. It is my favorite powder to use, as it coats the best of anything I have used.

After coating

After baking

Left is bare lead, right is coated
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

COTEP CBOB0736