Inline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee Precision
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: PC has transformed my shooting

Boolit Master

PC has transformed my shooting

Thanks to you guys, not only do I not see any more leading, but feeding is improved and I can now shoot my polygonal Kahr K9. I am thrilled!

My CX4 suffered from leading in the first 2" and now it's as if I was firing jacketed. What a relief, should have done this years ago. Now I just have to melt down all my tumble lubed bullets and make them the right way.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chris in va View Post
    Now I just have to melt down all my tumble lubed bullets and make them the right way.
    When I started coating...immediately knew that I would never shoot conventional lubed bullets again. I had a good many bullets on hand that had already been lubed...so, I just washed them in acetone, let them dry, tumbled them in powder and baked them. Did not have a problem with them...worked just like they had never had lube on them. If I were you, I would give it a try before I melted them down.

Boolit Master
    Just give them a wash or two in some gasoline then rinse in acetone to remove the residual oil. Saves a lot of time and work.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hey Dragonheart, is that a Goldwing you're sitting on in your avatar? Looks very much like my Metalic Black 2007 Wing.
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 454PB View Post
    Hey Dragonheart, is that a Goldwing you're sitting on in your avatar? Looks very much like my Metalic Black 2007 Wing.
    Yes, that was taken in 2010 by the head mechanic just before I drove it off from Searcy, AK heading back to Katy, TX. I wanted an Airbag model and there were none to be had in Texas and only two in Arkansas, so I flew in to get the Metallic Black one. Nothing like a GoldWing, but old age forced me to sell it last year. The new owner flew down from Illinois to ride it home. I get photos from time to time as he and his wife travel the different states.

Boolit Master
    I washed my A-lox off with Xylol Xylene. Yeah its mean stuff but I used all the PPE required. It takes A-Lox off in just a few minutes. I then washed the boolits in warm water with dish detergent. Then a cold water rinse. Only then did I take them inti the house where I gave them 2 more hot, tap water rinses.

The hot water rinse makes them dry much faster.

Motor