RotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Wideners Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 45 Colt Fire Forming

Not trying to hijack, but..

Have guys fire formed .44 Mag cases to .45 Colt?
    I have never done it myself but I know some people who do. Those cases look weird but they seem to work. I have always wondered WHY? What is the idea in that?

Boolit Master
    Here in Missourri, 44 mag cases are easy to find...at varying prices for new or once fired. 45 Colt isn't very easy to find..$25 a hundred for new STARLINE. Factory 45 Colt ammo is hard to find also.
    Rim outside diameter is pretty close. Obviously 45 body is larger. Improvise to keep shooting.

EDK: Of course. That is the obvious answer. For some reason I thought it had something to do with extra-heavy .45 Colt loads..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    for my Taurus.
    it got sent down the road in less than a month.
    Winchester brass is like 35.00 a hundred.
    I'm not wearing it out in an out of spec chrome light reflector that I couldn't see the sights on anyway.

<<<<<<< permanently out of Taurus anything.
    I must have bought your piece of junk,I shot two days with it and down the road it went
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Bub
    I had a quick play the other day, the chamber is not as bad as I first thought.
    I ran some of my loads over the chrony, almost 700fps with a 200gn boolit, powder in the face.
    Then I tried some that I'd stuffed the boolits right down near flush with the top of the case to get the pressure up.
    1000fps, no blow by, clean cases.
    I did the rest I had loaded and added some tape around the bottom to hopefully centre them.

Vendor Sponsor

200gr boolits are really light for caliber. From the comments if it was mine I think I would send it down the road and look to another rifle that wasn't so out of spec and problematic. Seems like a waste of perfectly good brain cells to have to deal with a crappily made rifle.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.