Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could use some prayers.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Prayer is sent .

Boolit Master
    You've got our prayers and support as well here.

Boolit Bub
    Prayers sent

Boolit Master

Thank you guys so much for the kind words and prayers. So far so good, still have the headache but it is more manageable which I hope means the pressure is reducing.
    Thank you all
    Joe
    "In God we trust, in all others, check the manual!"

Boolit Master

Duplicate post

Boolit Master

You and your family will be held up to GOD for comfort and healing.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcren View Post
    Thank you guys so much for the kind words and prayers. So far so good, still have the headache but it is more manageable which I hope means the pressure is reducing.
    Thank you all
    Joe
    Good to hear! A good day is an opportunity to rejoice and appreciate life. For some of us good days are few and far between. Glad you had a good day, hope many more follow.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

In Remembrance

I have been praying for you but just realized I haven't posted it. Continuing to keep you in prayer.

Moderator Emeritus

I don't know it for a fact, but I suspect that God usually works rather slowly, maybe so that we'll better remember just how powerful and awesome He really is. It's a humbling thing to really realize how much we need His help, but it's an awesome thing to realize that He really DOES hold us all in the palm of his hand. Nothing we have is ours. It's all His because he created it all - our food, our homes, our loved ones .... all of it. The only thing He gives us that is truly ours, and that He won't interfere with, is our free will. Again, that's a very humbling thing to fully realize, and I think we all, sooner or later, find some point and event in our lives that impresses this on us, or at least tries to. And it's also very humbling to know that if we simply live according to His will instead of always being guided by our own will and the many temptations we face in life, it'll all work out great even if we lose our life. If there's anything in life more humbling and reassuring than that, I haven't found it yet. And this can get us through our worst times in this world. At least I haven't found anything more effective in my time here.

Just keep the faith, and let it sink in just how much He really IS in control, and be grateful for all you have. Some children die at birth, and I think the reason a truly loving God allows that to happen is so that the billions of the rest of us can better realize just how truly lucky and blessed we truly are. In the struggle to get more and better stuff, we tend to forget to be thankful and appreciative of all we already have, and have had in our lives. When we reach the point that we can see things as they truly are, or at least a lot more closely to the way they truly are, it's impossible not to be thankful for all the blessings we've all had in our lives. And that makes it easier to face whatever bad times and circumstances we may find ourselves in, too. Not easy, but easiER. And it makes any suffering we have more bearable knowing that somehow, there's a reason for it and it's all to make us better people, and more worthy of the unearnable gifts that God offers us all. It's hard for us to go through it without understanding its purpose while we're going through it, but that's just because we look at things with a mortal mind, and not with a Divine one. He has it all in control and it's all proceeding like it's supposed to, and for those who Trust Him, it's all going to end better than we could possibly conceive on our own. If that's not reassuring, I don't know what could be. Keep the faith, and we'll keep praying for a reprieve, and a good outcome for you.

Boolit Buddy
    prayers sent , hope everything works out ok for you , i know the feeling of having a health issue putting alot of weight on you , good luck .

Boolit Grand Master
    Prayers up for your healing

Boolit Master
    Prayers sent.

More prayers sent in your direction.
    Be careful,
    Victor

Life member NRA

Boolit Master

jcren, prayers for you!
    God is Good!
    May you be healed.
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Boolit Buddy

Prayers sent for you jcren.
    "The Constitution should be taken like mountain whiskey -- undiluted and untaxed." - Sam Ervin

Glad to hear things are improving - Continuing to be positive and praying for you.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Moderator Emeritus

Glad the headaches are better and more manageable....prayers do work and we, your family, will continue to pray for your recovery! Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    I agree with you for total recovery and no set backs in Jesus name.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master

Thanks guys, thought I should update. The pressure went up significantly and they tried to drill a burr/drain to relieve it (I was awake for this, very odd sensation) the drain didn't work so Sunday they cut a hockey puck piece out of my skull and vacuumed out the blood. Everything appears to be on the mend now, will have another CT in 2 weeks.

Moderator Emeritus

Great to hear you and your docs have found some relief! Pain is a very debilitating and life-changing thing. I know from personal experience. You're still in my prayers, and many others, even if they don't always post it. Christians are basically quiet folks, and don't always say that they're praying for you. Just keep the faith and brave whatever it is that lies in your pathway, and you'll come out on the other end better for it. I've never seen it fail, not ever. And yes, prayers DO help and miracles ARE still going on in this world. They just don't get any press time now. Keep the faith, brother!