Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The drought is over

Boolit Buddy

The drought is over

Drove to Grices Gun Shop in Clearfield yesterday. Plenty of .22 ammo on the shelf. Blazer was $30 a brick, CCI SV was $42.
    They also had CCI Mini Mags and Remington Golden bullets s well as 4-6 other brands. The drought is over.
    They also had pretty much any powder you wanted including Varget (bought 3 pounds), Unique, Bullseye, 296, etc.

Boolit Master
    Still can't get any .22 here. Not even at Walmart.

Boolit Buddy
    Same here. Gougers are still buying it all up I assume. I check several stores every week. All my rimfires are just wasting safe space at this point. Can't bring myself to shoot up my .22 stash, gotta save it for the grandkids once they get big enough!
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    What's 22LR?

Quote Originally Posted by scarry scarney View Post
    What's 22LR?
    22LR: that would be ammo you can't easily reload thus you actually care if they have it in stores and at what price. Still not seeing it regular in Wal-Mart but also less on the scalpers table at gun show, and prices are drifting lower at the show.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Buddy
    What's 22LR?
    Ammo made of unobtainium, fairy dust and unicorn horns.
    CF
    Vote Independent, vote Republican, vote Democratic, just don’t vote Incumbent!
    I believe in the Bible, Freedom, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights and personal responsibility. My government believes I am narrow minded, intolerant and dangerous.

Boolit Master

California - in the land of taxes and no representation.
    The sign at my local walmart saying "NO 22LR today" has more seniority then most of the employees at the store now.

Boolit Buddy
    Instead of complaining that "my local big box store has no 22 LR". Why not give Grices Gun Shop a call and have them ship a case or two to your door?

Dave C.
    Distinguished, Master,2600 club, President 100 badge holder.

Boolit Master

It is getting better in my area of WV. But we all know that election time is right around the corner.

If Hillary or another Demokrat gets elected, we can all forget about the availibilty of ammo and components, I believe it will be time to "lock and load" with what we have at hand, because things are going to get ugly.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    I have a lifetime supply of .22. All bought pre-Obama at 11-13 per 500. I was an early hoarder. Still, I see it here quite frequently, but at insane prices. Powder has become normal.

Boolit Grand Master

My grandfather told me about the 22 Long Rifle, he even said in the old days you could buy 22 CB caps, 22 shorts, 22 longs and 22 Long Rifle. And you could walk into a store and buy them off the shelf. And there was no limit ! He kept talking about "bricks" but not sure what a brick has to do with it, bricks are used in exterior wall construction.
    I don't think all that stuff is real, just the crazy old man telling stories again . Or maybe it was something I had in a dream, it was a nice dream too.
    Gary....

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dave C. View Post
    Instead of complaining that "my local big box store has no 22 LR". Why not give Grices Gun Shop a call and have them ship a case or two to your door?

Dave C.
    I got that Hawaiian disease....lack-o-money

Boolit Master
    Remington Golden Bullet 525's at WalMart in Mt Vernon Ohio Sunday for 27.54. Only one allowed. First anything in nearly a year. I have an Anshutz that loves 'em.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    My grandfather told me about the 22 Long Rifle, he even said in the old days you could buy 22 CB caps, 22 shorts, 22 longs and 22 Long Rifle. And you could walk into a store and buy them off the shelf. And there was no limit ! He kept talking about "bricks" but not sure what a brick has to do with it, bricks are used in exterior wall construction.
    I don't think all that stuff is real, just the crazy old man telling stories again . Or maybe it was something I had in a dream, it was a nice dream too.
    Gary....
    Back in my gotta-have-it-all-days I laid in a good supply of all of the above, including Colibri and shot shells (had a problem with crows for a while). Still have some.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master

2 shop's in my area wear t shirts saying don't ask about 22lr

Boolit Master

Tell you what if it evercomes down again I will be stockpileing to the rafters.
    Last edited by Plate plinker; 01-19-2016 at 10:48 PM.

What's 22LR?
    Lol, I was wondering the same. Must be-
    22 long range?
    22 looser rounds?
    22 leper reviver?
    22 long route?
    22 limited retirement?
    22 licorice rounds?
    22 lace rangler?

I dunno... ain't been able to figure it out myself. Sure are a lot of threads about it here.
    Must be one heck of a cast shooting round though.
    If you think your a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Boolit Master
    I have a box of .22 long. I think I will keep it, they might never make them again. I am not talking about CCI CB longs either but I have some of them too. This box is Winchester .22 long hi velocity.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

I don't think it will come down in price and up in availability until we get shut of the worlds best gun salesman. And even then it may take a while. The first six months or a year people will still be in shock and will be hoarding like crazy. I know I am saving my pennies for a few more bricks.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master
    There was a 22 lr shortage?
    Just kidding. I have been in good shape on my stash but I did buy a brick of yellow jackets and a brick of stingers a couple months back at an estate sale. Iirc I think around $60 a brick but honestly, how long has it been since you've seen yj's or stingers?
    Life is so much better with dogs!