Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 40 of 55 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you cast today?

Boolit Bub
    Cast up around 200 boolits...Lee 200 gn RNFP to load up for both my 70 Series Colt 1911 and also my HK USP 45

Boolit Grand Master

Cast about 250 boolits yesterday, first productive casting session in months. Used three moulds, was first session for two of them. Now it's on to sizing, HT'ing, GC's and lube.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy

Topped of my 9mm can and tryed out a new mold its having some breaking in issues...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20151126_152043281.jpg  

Boolit Mold
    I was getting really low on boolits for my 45-70 so I cast up about 400 405gr and about 400 465gr. Now I need to look for a lot of lead.

Boolit Buddy
    Melted down about 137lbs of foundry type and poured it into 4lb ingots.

Boolit Grand Master

I cast a bunch of ingots A big bunch of ingots...at least for me. When I recover I have about 350 lbs of re-purposed WW's to haul inside and stash somewhere. Had a few more buckets of WW's than I thought I did.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Slug mania today. Love these Lyman 525 gr wasps
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Boolit Buddy
    I like casting in Fall and Spring so I can open the garage door to keep the fumes down. Too cold to do it in the winter without ventilation. My kid helps me and I just don't take the chance. I need to look into a hood vent.

Boolit Master

Cast a handful of .490" round balls. I'm going to see if I can size down the 50/50 COWW and lead to .458" for my 45/70 loads.

Several hundred MP358-640. The mold is another one of Miha's masterpieces and the boolits are fun and cheap to shoot. These are for 38spl and 380acp, depending on how I size them. The round deep hp work very well in these calibers and the pentas are excellent in 357sig.
    Krav Maga Instructor
    Defensive Tactics Instructor for Public Safety Personnel
    Empty Handed Gun Disarming Instructor

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - infantry journal

Boolit Master

in past 4 days cast 51 lbs of 230 gr TC .45 bullets ( 6-gang Lee mold)

Now into PC-ing them and sizing. I'll be good for a couple of months shooting cowboy (load for a friend, too)
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    Cast 100 rcbs 180g sil boolits and 100 from my new Lee 55g mold.good day boolits falling from both molds ,the casting gods were smiling.first dry sunny day in weeks.

Cast up a handful of lee TL-358-148 WCs, for grins. Haven't loaded any in a while. And it's a really fun mold.
    Krav Maga Instructor
    Defensive Tactics Instructor for Public Safety Personnel
    Empty Handed Gun Disarming Instructor

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - infantry journal

Boolit Master

10 lbs of these beauties....
    Lyman 358432

[IMG]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1458219066018.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	163766[/IMG]

Boolit Master
    Well last night I had a bad sit down with my lee 4/20 and it just seamed to not work out . I was planning on filling up a coffee can of 200 gr swc but got a few pound instead . I decided to clean up the pot and fill it up with 50/50 coww and plumbers lead for the next time . Sometimes it happens it's ok I got today off work so I'm going to spend a little time with the mold that was not acting right as well .

Boolit Master
    45 pounds of 230 grain 45 colt round flat nose at 635 degrees.
    hardlines mold.
    my own special blend of alloy.

pretty!

Boolit Bub
    Cast my first boolits today using a Lee 356-124TC mould and they came out great from the first to the last but when I tried to cast with a Lee 358-158SWC I had nothing but problems. Out of 25 to 30 attempts I got 4 boolits that cast right the rest of them went back in the pot. I was using 75% wheel weights with 25% lead flashing and water quenching. I pretreated both moulds the same and while I had neve cast boolits before I've been casting fishing sinkers for years and never had a mould that wouldn't fill with molten lead before. I will examine the 358 mould with a magnifying glass to see if my old eyes missed something and will then try to cast with it one more time before contacting Lee.
    ps. I've been a lurker on here for a while but I'm finally able to cast and will be posting more often. Thanks for all the help I've gotten just from reading the post here.

Boolit Master
    Ran the automated Master Caster for the last four days, made near 8000 bullets. The total includes bullets in 357, 9 mm, 40 S&W and heavy 45 for 45 Colt.
    Will powder coat with a gun , size and install gas checks over the next few weeks.
    Making the bullets goes quick but the coating and sizing takes a longer time.
    These bullets will last about 6 months with my family shooting.
    Try to make bullets every four months so the inventory does not run low.

Boolit Master

Today I cast 54 ingots of COWWs. Sometime in the next week or so, I'll convert then to rifle bullet metal with the addition of some alloys. Not very exciting, but you gotta start somewhere.

Boolit Bub
    Cleaned the sprue holes on my Lee 358-158-swc and cast about 50 boolits with no problem except the storm front was blowing in and even though I was under my tractor shed the roof's high enough that there was a chance of the rain blowing in on me so I shut it down. Glad I got out the magnifying glass before I sent Lee a nasty email, turns out I had over smoked the moulds and had partially clogged the holes in the sprue plate. They all measured out between .357 to .358 which will work with the powder coat I plan on using. Just need to clean the soot out of the mould and not smoke them so heavily with the propane torch next time.