RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Anyone have experience with BPI "stretch 410" wads?

Boolit Buddy

Anyone have experience with BPI "stretch 410" wads?

Was perusing BPIs' website looking for .410 wads for a new squirrel thumper I have coming and ran across the "stretch 410" wads they offer. No published data in any of my manuals using this wad but they say it is a good wad to increase the range of the lowly .410 so thought I'd give them a shot. I really don't want to spend the $15 for their small bore manual to get load data since I have purchased several of their manuals in the past and found them to be lacking and some data was VERY incorrect so was wondering if anyone might share some of their favorite recipes for this wad? I'd like to stick with 5/8 oz to 3/4 oz of shot. I have had best luck with 11/16 oz in other loadings. I was using 15.7 grns of Win 296 with one nitro and one 1/2" fiber cushion and no shot cup. They shoot well but patterns get thin around 30 yards and they lead the bore up a touch if you shoot many so I was planning on going to shot cups to reduce leading and increase pattern density at 30 yards which is about the max range I care to shoot at something with a .410

Boolit Master
    BPI will usually provide a load data sheet for the wad in question if you request it when placing your order. Try nickel plated shot with your stacked wad column. You should get better patterns, more range, better penetration and no leading. TJ

Boolit Master
    I never loaded them but they are made in italy by gualandi and magtech loads its 4-000 buckshot with this. The load itself is a 13.6gr of a slow powder (#220) close to 2400 or 296 pushing 9/16oz (16g) of shot with advertised velecity of 720fps and1200 fps from respectively a 3" barrel and a 26" barrel. I don't see how can you go wrong with the namely standard load of 13gr 2400 under 1/2oz.It's a quite good wad too bad we can't buy them or the slow powder as components...

Boolit Master
    410 at 30yds ? ok but don't see any load in a 410 have much at that range . any shot cup in a 410 for range is not going to work
    look at the old loads ---no shot cup -- I use the base and cut off the peddles and can load a 3/4 oz in a 444 case. its good for vermin birds at 30yd but a tree rat no
    but as said BPI will send you data free , but have to ask

Boolit Master

PM sent.