Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Repackbox
Page 92 of 609 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192592 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 12178

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Master
    I resized 100/ 223 to 7TCU. I sized, length trimmed, PP reamed. All I have to do now is wet tumble. then use.
    Was I surprised how all of the cases shrunk when I resized. Most shrunk .02" in length. I had measured them all so they were 1.751 to 1.770. And after sizing they were 1.738 to 1.75

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Finishing up some prep on some 6.8 in my half hearted clean up effort I found an ammo can of brass I didn't know I had.......
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    Prepped a pile of Lake City military brass.

It's a little more work to do than commercial brass. Somewhat more difficult to resize, and remove primer crimps.

The finished product is definitely worth the hassle though, so I never seem to mind the extra work.

- Bullwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Tinbullet View Post
    Washington State I presume?
    I was hatched at the Army hospital in Tacoma back in "51" as pops was in Korea at the time.

As far as the boxes goes I have several different sized templates made up that sort of correspond to the cardboard stock that is available.
    I mark the cardboards and score the fold lines with a ball point pen.
    Then cut fold and glue as required to make the box bottoms and tops.
    I have cut up 1/8" thick board stock to aid in gluing.
    The paper clamps work well on the smaller boxes.
    The bigger boxes may be clamped with Irwin clamps.
    I use regular wood glue because its thicker and easier to apply a thin coat.
    The small boxes are 3 1/2 x 2 1/4" and hold 70 45's up to 120 9MM bullets in two layers (spacers are from scrap also) and 77 30-30 bullets in one layer.
    The larger boxes are 4 x 2 3/4" and hold 108 44's.

That's the general idea.

.Attachment 156932

Yes, indeed, the Evergreen State.

That is really neat. I will use your picture and see if I can whip some up.

I am new to casting and I had been putting them in the plastic trays that I scavenge after the police use the range. Most of the shorter pistol bullets will get two deep in the tray and still fit in the cardboard box.

Thank you for the new twist.

Tim

Boolit Buddy
    Loaded a mess of 40 S&W.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Tinbulet - just curious . . . in making our boxes, have you ever used a hot glue gun? I don't make boxes for my boolits, etc. but over the years, I've done quit a bit of selling on flabbay. I save and break down boxes we get from things, cardboard, etc. to keep for shipping things. I often have had to make boxes of a special size to ship and I began to use a hot glue gun my wife had at one time for doing some craft things. I have found it works really well . . . gun heats up quick, it's quick to apply and then hold the flaps together, etc. and it sets quickly giving a very secure "hold". The hot glue guns are inexpensive and I usually get the glue sticks when I get low at Joanne Fabrics, etc. Once the boxes are made, the glued areas won't come loose.

I had to ship a 12 pounder solid shot Civil War cannon ball once from here to Gettysburg, PA. Had I not had the hot glue gun, I don't think I could have constructed a strong enough shipping container - a well padded box with a box within a box. The guy sent me an e-mail when he got it thanking me for the "secure packing" (I used corrugated cardboard) and said that he had a heck of a time getting boxes apart to get to the cannon ball - the flaps would tear, etc. and he had to finally hut up a razor knife to "cut his way in".

Just an alternative way to glue the boxes together to try if you have a hot glue gun around . . . .

Awhile back I picked some of those plastic cartridge trays out of the gun club trashcan.
    You see them all the time, some plastic, some Styrofoam, with or without the factory box.
    I decided to make a box(s) to cover these also, although I'm not a fan of "split top" style boxes.

See attached photo.

Maybe I should change my login to "Recycleman"

And no I have not tried a glue gun yet.
    I have to pry it out of my wife's cold dead fingers, if you know what I mean.
    I've already commandeered her 1" diameter punch.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bulletbox 7.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	156983

Boolit Master

Sized 50 452-255-RF and lubed with Lars White Label 50/50 then loaded 50 45LC rounds, using 7.5 gr of BE-86.

Cast ~ 500 365-95-1R for the P-64 and TL'd them for sizing tomorrow, then TL again.

Boolit Buddy
    Sized 600 H&G#68's to .453"

Dave C.
    Distinguished, Master,2600 club, President 100 badge holder.

Boolit Mold
    I sized up about 100 rounds of .257 Roberts and measured all of the cases. Out of about 120 rounds I had about 20 that didn't need to be trimmed. Its my first effort in sizing these cases, some of which are an unknown origin. I didn't have a proper case trimmer for them so I just bagged the ones that need trimming and ordered up a case trimmer from Midway. Should be here this week so I can prep all of them and get some loaded up next weekend. I have some Nosler ballistic tips I will be loading up for my initial tests with some Varget. First time I have loaded anything for that rifle.

Perma-Banned

50rds of 44 Special

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Gotta keep up! I did 200 rounds of 44SPL with ETR7 and 100 44MAG with full house H110.

banger

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Decapped and sized about 300 45 ACP of unknown origin and was thinking the I have a couple hundred Win prepared someplace .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy

I finally finshed prepping and loading my shoe box of LC .223. I thought I was done with 223, but another partial shoebox of commercial 223 was given to me. It keeps me out of trouble!

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    Deprimed and tumbled 1000 40 S&W and 100 44 mag. Will size them tomorrow.
    The enemy of good is better.

Worked on some small cardboard bullet boxes. Loaded powder, COW and fire formed 50 .303 cases with my son. I tried something new to me to hold the charge in place. Previously I had used a bit of Elmer's wood glue and dried overnight. This time we took a bit of modeling clay and formed a thin plug, just enough to bridge the mouth. Seemed to work well and no waiting.

Boolit Master
    When I fire form using powder and cream-of-wheat, I just use a toilet paper plug ---- confetti!!!!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Mold
    I cleaned one of the casting pots, and cast my tin into smaller ingots. Also put up another shelf unit in the reloading room.

Boolit Master

Fitted a picatinny rail for a scope on an Arisaka that I acquired a few months ago.

Boolit Buddy
    I did a long overdue cleaning and loaded up and tested a few different round ball loads for my .44 mag. Think I have finally settled on one, it gave me a half inch 5 shot group at 25 yds, just over a quarter inch if you go by the holes and not the lube smudges. Also loaded a few .45 acp round ball loads to shoot out of my chamber adapter tomorrow now that I have my Winchester 37A project shootable and a few 250 grain SWC 44 mag that should be cooking about 700ish out of my rifle. Having fun working up some very quiet and accurate small game loads.