RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading
Page 90 of 609 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190590 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 12178

Thread: What did you do in the reloading room today?

Boolit Buddy
    I vacuumed and straightened up for the indoor tornado of Children and Grandchildren due in at noon!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151106_182411_resized.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	156333
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Boolit Grand Master

Got a chance to use a new Mihec mold. It's been raining all week and it's currently 70 degrees w/ about 80% humidity. Every metal surface in the garage is sweating and the floor is slippery. I hate when it warms up quickly like this.

Took the kids to the range and they tried to put a dent in my ammo reserves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1450990071857.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by therealhitman View Post
    I vacuumed and straightened up for the indoor tornado of Children and Grandchildren due in at noon!

Name:	20151106_182411_resized.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	156333

I see a Marshall Half stack! Very nice!
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master

my wife got a new pantry room so I get half of the old one, now I will be able to leave stuff set up and not have to clean off the mud room table every time I want to reload. even got a budget for getting it set up so I ordered a couple of the inline press stands with interchangeable tops and some parts for the hornady ap press I got for fathers day/ birthday/ Christmas. now I just need to find the bottom half of a case feeder for it. once I'm operational I'll try to post a photo, it will never be as nice as some of your guy's but it will work for me.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by waco View Post
    I see a Marshall Half stack! Very nice!
    Good eye! But , as I always say, half stacks are for rehearsals. Here's my gig rig...

Name:	3.16.12 039.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	156362
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Been working on some once fired 06 brass to load with some 173 grain flat point boolits.
    And, getting some 44 caliber boolits cast for the 44 special and the Mag (only about 9 bad ones out of 300 ) along with opening a new bag of clear Federal 12 gauge shotshells that Santa brought me from BPI that I have been wanting for almost a year that I will load with some slugs and some with buckshot.

Boolit Grand Master

Putting the guns in it and locking the door. Grandkids (3,2, and 9mo) coming over tomorrow.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

I sorted out a tub of range brass. Put another tub in hot soapy water to soak. Did a little off season housekeeping.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Loaded a hundred .357 SIG rounds, resized 200 .308 Win. for an upcoming project, then finished the morning casting about 400 or so 9 mm 124 grn RN pills for my reloading buddy who is down with the shingles! We are going to Hi-Tek coat them In this new Zombie Green from Hi-Tek! Just relaxing from the rush of Christmas, ya know!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Mold
    Hello, this is my first post so be gentle! I loaded 100 rounds of 38sp this morning. I am somewhat new to reloading, and just getting my stuff together to begin casting my own. In the meantime, I loaded up some cast boolits I got from Dardas (158g. RNFPBB) and tried out my new M-die expander (which I really like). I did, however, run into an issue that I have to figure out. I tried metering both Unique and Bullseye and had problems in my RCBS powder measure with it not letting me move the handle freely, I had to force it and you could feel it kind of "crush" the powder. The charge it threw was chunky, and you could see it was kind of smashing grains into clumps. I have never had this issue before. I tried running some graphite through the measure, and it still clumped (and yes I am using a baffle). I ended up switching to titegroup with no issues, but I gotta get this figured out.

The Dardas boolits seemed decent, in my box of 100 I had 102 (instead of being shorted), which was nice. My wife got me some sizing dies and 20lb Lee bottom pour pot for x-mas, so I need to order up some moulds and get going, but I will probably wait till it warms up a bit. Now I am back to searching the forum to see if I can find any power measure answers!

Dave

Welcome to the forum Dave. I do not have an RCBS measure so I can not be of much use there. Is it really humid at your place now? So much so that the powder could have a somewhat higher moisture content.

I cast up about 300 keepers from a new NOE mold and likely that many more that did not make the cut by the time I figured out the mold. This is the first rifle bullets for me to cast and the learning curve was a bit steep for me. I found it hard to get the mold up to temperature with the long skinny bullets. The were 174gn .291"

Boolit Mold
    Actually I was wondering about humidity as well. But I can't say that I have noticed a big issue, however it has been rainy & wet here over the last few days, so it IS a possibility. I may need to see about getting a better storage location for my powder and putting some moisture absorbent in there for long-term storage. I guess for now using Titegroup is not an issue, I like it, but I wanted to try something a bit different to fill the case a bit more.

Boolit Bub
    Welcome to the forum, fellow Michiganian. I too have been loading some 38's however with a Dillon powder measure so I don't have an answer for your troubles. I thought I would bump this so others could see and perhaps chime in.

Boolit Grand Master

Put everything away since I have to travel for work this week. I was fighting w/ a MP mold on Christmas Day. Sprue plate was grinding on something, wasn't the top of the blocks. Couldn't cast many keepers so I just quit using it for the night.

Boolit Master

Sorted some brass and loaded some 9x18 Makarov. Time to cast more of those.

Boolit Buddy

Still prepping a shoe box of rifle brass. Not my favorite job!

Boolit Master
    Ovationdave,
    The only time that I have had a problem with my RCBS powder drop, crushing powder, is when I was trying to drop small charges of powder for my pistol cartridges - but had not changed the rotor out from the large to the small.
    Last edited by obssd1958; 12-28-2015 at 12:50 AM.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Cast about 10 kilo`s for my 40-65 at 400 gn each.At 20-1 mix.

Boolit Buddy

Cast about 5 1/2 pounds of 55gr boolits from my new Lee 6cav. yesterday
    (it has been many months since the last casting session)
    Cooler weather here does help with the motivation...(it was only 85 yesterday)
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." -- Aesop