Reloading EverythingLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are your other obsessio..... HOBBIES

In Remembrance
    I guess I would have to say a log truck and sawmill is my most expensive other hobby. lol
    It is like guns and ammo, somewhat of an uncontrollable disease. lol
    I also get into 4 wheelers, now atvs more than the larger versions, as they can get me into some more remote country, which has always been a disease of mine, going where most folks don't.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    Coffee. I buy green coffee beans (you can get them from all over the world), roast them, grind them… Best coffee you ever had.
    Tell us more please. I love good coffee.

Boolit Buddy
    Swiss mechanical watches are a passion. By comparison this hobby is cheap. I make beer and bend kydex, hike with the wife and spend time with the grandkids.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Boolit Grand Master

wow! You Guys have some interesting hobbies. When I'm not hunting, shooting, casting or reloading I hunt for Indian Artifacts and drink beer. We travel to tour breweries and pubs and attend beer festivals.

I build things for antique airplanes and cars from flat sheet metal. Currently building a engine cowling for a Piper J3 Cub.
    Started bee keeping this year and I enjoy putting old Chevy trucks back into running condition.

Boolit Master
    Like lightman I also like to hunt for Indian "arrowheads" ............Hear are a few that I have found along the Bryant creek in Ozark county..............Terry

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    Tell us more please. I love good coffee.
    I bought all of my equipment from Burman Coffee Traders but there are others. I do not sell coffee, nor am I a distributor of equipment or an employee of any coffee company...

You can order beans from places you never thought of. Green beans will keep almost indefinitely, so order as much as you like, or start small with a sampler.

Prices range from comparable to store-bought to too-rich-for-my-blood, so I tend to buy the cheaper varieties. The upside is you really can brew the best, freshest coffee you have ever had, for a fraction of the cost of the most expensive coffee you've ever thought of drinking.

You get to roast it as dark or as light as you want, grind it fine or coarse, go full espresso if you're into that. The flavors will surprise you. This is not 'specialty holiday spiced' garbage, it just has a nice robust, real coffee taste.

A couple of years ago I roasted and ground five pounds of Ethiopian and sent one pound bags out as christmas gifts. Everyone loved it! Two friends of mine claimed it relieved migraines (I'm not making that up). When I mailed the packages the post office clerk liked the smell so much he asked if it really tasted that good. I told him, "If you're a fan of Starbucks you'll like it as much as theirs (and it cost about 75% less!), If you're not a fan of Starbucks you'll say it's way better than theirs."

I think my initial start-up cost was less than $200 and I never once regretted it.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Antique toy steam engines and accessories (mostly Empire)....Restoring and displaying antique farm and machinery engines (big flywheel engines) and chasing marlin (has been likened to standing in a freezing salt water shower tearing up $100 bills as fast as you can)...Fish is in Kona Hawaii during the old Kona Gold tournament.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5610600-R1-016-6A_1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	155064

Name:	IMG_1773.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	155065

Name:	Scan10012_edited.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	155067

Banned

other stuff

Fast muscle cars, dogs that will eat you, wrestling, sombo, judo, & other nasty stuff. (offhand, can't find pics of other cars etc.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TygarProtection (2).jpg   IMG_4242.jpg   thunderbird 002.jpg   IMG_3924.jpg  

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by opos View Post
    Antique toy steam engines and accessories (mostly Empire)....Restoring and displaying antique farm and machinery engines (big flywheel engines) and chasing marlin (has been likened to standing in a freezing salt water shower tearing up $100 bills as fast as you can)...Fish is in Kona Hawaii during the old Kona Gold tournament.

Name:	Scan10012_edited.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	155067
    Yep, I forgot to mention deep water fishing, salmon & trout. Big Tuna is my favorite. They are way more fight than Marlin, # for # but not as purty as a sail jumping.

Have a safe full of International rods & reels, 30s, 50s, 80s + TLDs if anyone is interested.

I've sure thought of getting into the coffee thing, but not yet.
    I love hunting, fishing, camping besides shooting, reloading and casting.
    I build furniture when I have time. Built the grandson a wooden gumball machine last year and everyone loves that.
    Make soap, sausage, jerky, play with the grandson. Make all our beer and wine (and we drink alot), garden, yard work.
    Theres others I cant think of now. Theres really no specific hobby for me. When I need it, I make it.

Boolit Master
    Waterfowl and upland bird hunting, salt water fly fishing, listening to classical music and jazz, history, smoking and collecting pipes, cellaring pipe tobacco (I recently opened a 40 year old tin).I plan to get back into wildlife and nature photography.

Firearms are tools, making boolits is a way of life.

Riding my Harley is transportation

I have no hobbies
    I have sworn on the altar of GOD eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson

" Any law that is NOT constitutional is not a law" James Madison

Banned
    Electronics making my own audio equipment and repairing. The love of a good German Shepherd or two for that matter. Want to build one last fast car when I retire because I miss my supercharged Z-28 Camaro. Would love to get my hands on a steam engine to play with. Would like to try my hands at Ham Radio operation with something that wouldn't go up in a puff of smoke when the EMP hits. Good old 807's you got to love them.

Boolit Bub
    well 6bg6a kinda feel like you on the emp. i love my k3. best receiver in the world. but i back it up with a hallicrafters sx-2000 hurricane. 8122 tetrodes for finals. still a work in progress. don't have a lot to go. got a local oscillator down but all the power supplies are up. have her going soon i hope.

Boolit Grand Master

TCFAN, those are some nice points. I see a few types that we don't have here.

Boolit Master
    Harleys , Corvettes and chevy pickup trucks. hand woodworking tools. blacksmithing.

Boolit Master

Indian Artifacts, Harley's, and Jaguars, and big guns.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	155098

Views:	21 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	155099

Views:	177 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	155100

Views:	14 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	155101

Views:	11 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	155102

Views:	18 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	155103
    WWG1WGA

Tyrants use the force of the people to chain and subjugate-that is, enyoke the people. They then plough with them as men do with oxen yoked. Thus the spirit of liberty and innovation is reduced by bayonets, and principles are struck dumb by cannon shot: Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma

Boolit Master

Homebrewing, woodwork, DIY most anything, gardening, home improvement, Harleys and Hondas, raising a 6yo boy, bulldogs, getting into sausage making currently.
    Alex

Boolit Master
    My wife would rightly say I have too many hobbies.

I built my own boat to explore Alaskan waters and for fishing.

Haven't done much lately due to weather and other hobbies/projects but rock and ice climbing.

The most encompassing passion lately has been having a custom home built. My boys helped me clear the 1/2 acre lot, and even with the builder done there's a 1200 sq ft basement to finish and the yard to landscape. It's got incredible views though