RepackboxInline FabricationLee PrecisionWideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Loadmaster recommended spare parts?

Boolit Master DaveInFloweryBranchGA's Avatar

Lee Loadmaster recommended spare parts?

Well, I've got to order a large primer feed for this press I've now got. I'm thinking I should order some small part spares of things that fail over time to keep on hand. Can other Loadmaster owners chime in with their recommendations of what they'd keep on hand?

I don't care how big or small the spare is, just like to keep such stuff on hand. I don't care for downtime waiting for a part I should have in a small parts bin in my reloading cabinet.

Boolit Mold
    I have had my loadmaster for 13 years or so and I haven't had to repair it yet. I have mutiple turrets and shell plates and that's about it. I do think extra primer stations are a good idea. I haven't used them as I has trouble with them from the get-go. I learned early to hand prime with this press. Other wise it has been trouble free.

Boolit Buddy

Swivel adapter makes it easier to change calibers without resetting the powder thru expander each time.

I gave up on the primeing and hand prime also....your mileage may vary , my friend has no problems with primeing on the press...
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." -- Aesop

primer sliders - especially if you have the old style of primer feed

seriously ,i bought a basket case years ago , i bought some spare parts , so far i've only used the case feed tubes and a chain connector ( any lamp chain connector will work honestly ) and that was my fault
    i did replace the index flipper when i was putting the press into operation as well as the index rod but other than that .... ( do those even count in this case ? lolz )
    Je suis Charlie

" To sit in judgment of those things which you perceive to be wrong or imperfect is to be one more person who is part of judgment, evil or imperfection."
    Wayne Dyer
    if it was easy would it be as worthy ? or as long of lasting impression ? the hardest of lessons are the best of teachers [shrugz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLzFhOslZPM

Boolit Master
    There are no longer any older style primer sliders direct from Lee however there may be some places that still sell them online. I purchased the new primer system and they are an improvement. I would suggest the flipper and indexer rod, an extra chain, and then an extra primer system in small and large primer.

Thank you Gentlemen,

It appears the Loadmaster parts are more durable than their reputation would lead one to believe.

Best Regards,

Dave

Dillon 550

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    Dillon 550
    Yeah that helps the original poster.

Boolit Master

I have two LLM's and the only parts I have ordered (from Lee) , and this doesn't actually pertain to the LLM, is extra de-capping pins for my Universal decap die. I gave up on priming on the LLM because of the problems I encountered with the press. Now, with the mods worked out by "Magic Mike" (you can see his stuff @ his website) priming problems have all but been eliminated.
    BTW, extra Turrets for the dies will save lots of time and eliminate having to re-calibrate Die settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    Dillon 550
    Had one of those turret presses pretending to be a progressive. Hated it, worst purchase I ever made. For someone to even mention one in this thread points directly to the level of ignorance they have related to the current state of reloading equipment knowledge and the lack of respect they have for other reloaders.

Such posters probably buy Prius vehicles as well.

Boolit Master
    Attachment 153888
    Primer seating pin & spring
    De-cap pins (universal)
    Indexer bar and flipper
    crank slider assembly

I use my Loadmasters A LOT and I have replaced the above parts on occasion. There were other parts but they broke because of my ignorance or heavy handed abuse. I do keep at least one or two of each on that list as a just in case and the are cheap.
    Do, or do not.
    There is no try.
    Yoda

Boolit Master
    I've been loading on one for 25 years. With the new primer system, no spares are needed for this new system. The old ones needed spares as noted above. Unless you make a you make a big mistake (i've made them) I can't see keeping any spares. You can get any replacement in a week anyways. Good luck, have fun. You can make lots of great ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by RobS View Post
    There are no longer any older style primer sliders direct from Lee however there may be some places that still sell them online. I purchased the new primer system and they are an improvement. I would suggest the flipper and indexer rod, an extra chain, and then an extra primer system in small and large primer.
    Why are u using a chain? Unless you heave the bullet seater

A 50cent spring fixed it for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1448233020675.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	153960

Decaping pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blanco View Post
    Attachment 153888
    Primer seating pin & spring
    De-cap pins (universal)
    Indexer bar and flipper
    crank slider assembly

I use my Loadmasters A LOT and I have replaced the above parts on occasion. There were other parts but they broke because of my ignorance or heavy handed abuse. I do keep at least one or two of each on that list as a just in case and the are cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by zomby woof View Post
    I've been loading on one for 25 years. With the new primer system, no spares are needed for this new system. The old ones needed spares as noted above. Unless you make a you make a big mistake (i've made them) I can't see keeping any spares. You can get any replacement in a week anyways. Good luck, have fun. You can make lots of great ammo.

Spares for both primer setups. Couple index "flippers". If you use the case feeder then I'd want an extra case slider (large and small) couple crank sliders, shell plate nut with a couple extra O rings (these things can just disappear for no reason) and a case ejector. Couple extra primer sliders probably wouldn't hurt anything either. That's probably 50 bucks worth of stuff and that's mostly for the primer units.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by fryboy View Post
    primer sliders - especially if you have the old style of primer feed

this x2

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingmonkey35 View Post
    Why are u using a chain? Unless you heave the bullet seater

A 50cent spring fixed it for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1448233020675.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	153960

Decaping pins.
    I think I'll try that.

Boolit Mold
    Having finished loading 14,000 9mm using LM ,May-Oct ,yes I prime on the press, a layer of tape on backside of primer feeder fixed 99% of errors ,I' m extremely happy with my Loadmaster,I do keep several squirrel daddy universal decapping pins on hand, as I tend to break one once in awhile, Thanks for the spare parts list, I just can't deal with my LoadMaster being down,as a reloading junkie, so far it gets better,understanding all aspects of LM keeps me paying attention making flawless ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by rancher5 View Post
    Having finished loading 14,000 9mm using LM ,May-Oct ,yes I prime on the press, a layer of tape on backside of primer feeder fixed 99% of errors ,I' m extremely happy with my Loadmaster,I do keep several squirrel daddy universal decapping pins on hand, as I tend to break one once in awhile, Thanks for the spare parts list, I just can't deal with my LoadMaster being down,as a reloading junkie, so far it gets better,understanding all aspects of LM keeps me paying attention making flawless ammo.
    Dam. That's a lot o Boolits

Quote Originally Posted by RobS View Post
    I think I'll try that.
    If you're willing to drill a hole through the press frame, you can add that spring to a eye bolt mountd at on the back half the price just to the left of the primer rocker activation bolt. Another alternative is to get a 1/4" inch longer primer bolt and tie it off above the locking nut.

Quote Originally Posted by rancher5 View Post
    You might want to check out mikesreloadingbench.com My understanding is his mods get the priming system pretty close to 100% and eliminates the major downfall of most progressives, the priming system.