WidenersSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd sizer for different lube options?

I use 3 Lyman 450's. One has a heater plate on it and stays full of hard lube, one stays full of 50/50 alox beeswax and the last one stays full of 50/50 crisco and beeswax for my black powder loads. Then I have various Lee sizers that I have been using for powder coated bullets.

Boolit Buddy
    I won't pay full price for a second luber, but if one came my way I'd load it up with my BP lube.

I use CRed for everything else, from sloooooow 38 S&W up to full-power rifle.

Boolit Master
    I hate to change lube dies so I have acquired ten lube-sizers over the years. I keep different dies in them so I can simply grab the appropriate one and proceed. I have three Lyman 45s, five 450s, one RCBS and one Cramer. I bought them all used. The most I paid for any of them was fifty bucks for the RCBS. The least was ten bucks for one of the Lyman 45s. My pick of the litter is the RCBS. I keep Javalena in all of them and I don't have leading in any gun I use cast bullets in. Works for me.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

I only use one lube as I mostly only shoot cast in my handguns. I've gotten along for years with just a Star sizer but now I don't cast near as much at a time anymore the Star (IMO) can be a bit of a pain to set up to run just a couple hundred of one caliber and the same for another. So, I picked up an almost new RCBS lubrasizer (was used to seat one gas check for function) for these shorter casting runs. Should be about perfect for that. I bought the Star years ago for 125 bucks and just picked up the LAM 2 basically NIB with one die for 100. Evidently, from the other posts I paid way to much........

Boolit Master
    I have 3 Stars setup and 2 Lyman 4500s and 2 RCBS sizers, I only use the Lyman and RCBS units if I don't have the right Star die.