While wending our way past the indoor range, I was looking out the back window (long story) and saw about ten adult turkeys feeding or getting grit down on the main 100 yard range.

I waited until the DC50 collar was blinking in threes, and put on the low-level flight tracker before loosing the kraken upon the world. To my suprise, she looped back and we took the normal route.

As we crossed the treeline between the silhouette range and the trap range, Belle picked up speed and zipped over to the 100 yarder, which is a normal area of interest. Soon I saw Turkeys flying past the concrete overheads on the range (no blue sky), along with recall sounds from the Turkeys.

Suprising me again, she looped back to the 100 yard backstop, then she swung back as I went to the van... I had the old retrobate pull the van over by the back of the trap range overhead so Belle would be less likely to run up to the upper parking lot... Where she goes under the chain link fence and over the road into a little copse. She comes back, but there is more traffic on the road due to Highway G being tore up... Sundays are pretty quiet...

OR hopped out of the van, Belle ran around it a few times while the OR was going to the side door to let her in.... Success, of sorts. If you let her decide what to do, sometimes it may not be what you want. But this time, the OR got out and let her in the van...

Then when we went to Casey's, just 20 yards short of where Creek Rd hits Shopiere Rd, there were 4 adult Turkeys and six (?) polts RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROAD... probably getting grit. She liked that....