Load DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Wideners Lee Precision

Thread: Ashley Madison Code Shows More Women, and More Bots

Exclamation Ashley Madison Code Shows More Women, and More Bots

http://gizmodo.com/ashley-madison-co...ots-1727613924

by Annalee Newitz

"What I have learned from examining the site’s source code is that Ashley Madison’s army of fembots appears to have been a sophisticated, deliberate, and lucrative fraud. The code tells the story of a company trying to weave the illusion that women on the site are plentiful and eager. Whatever the total number of real, active female Ashley Madison users is, the company was clearly on a desperate quest to design legions of fake women to interact with the men on the site."
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

Boolit Master
    Its not just 'adult' type sites, but regular dating sites. Most don't delete their ads, just give up. Yet match.com will say they have this many members, but only 20% are active. Ashley Madison went as far as want payment to delete a profile. And yes they use the same tactics, fake profiles to keep guys on and paying. The internet has gotten so bad you will probably get more results hanging out in a bar.

I did not even know what it was. Genuinely thought it was like Victoria's Secret when I heard about it.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Buddy
    I just thought they made cupcakes and stuff like that. Am I wrong?

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    You know, I'm still trying to figure out how this is a "Cast Boolits Forum Member Related Issue",,,,,,,,,.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    You know, I'm still trying to figure out how this is a "Cast Boolits Forum Member Related Issue",,,,,,,,,.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Super Moderator

This is old news...and who really cares?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterAZ View Post
    This is old news...and who really cares?
    Another illustration of "if it seems too good to be true" story. As long as folks exercise common sense, the internet is less dangerous. There are lots of scams, from teeny one bit images (with bad code), to email, to bad Javascript... All attacks are MUCH easier when social engineering is a component.

Why is it NOT a germane subject to post to "Our Town"? Think of A.M. like click-bait or another re-directing link, evryone that understood would not go there... Or do you live vicariously, and send your bank account info to legitimate African business folks who need help getting their millions out of Africa?
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

Super Moderator

I like to live vicariously...

I like to live vicariously...
    All risks cannot be eliminated, and at times, throwing caution to the wind is... what makes us human. We make a decision to do something...

Driving without a map going "thataway" is interesting, where dead reckoning and terrain association (plus road signs...) gets you to where you want to go.
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

Super Moderator

Speaking of risks...anyone going to the AM site was already sticking their neck out. So... do I feel sorry for all the cheaters and people who clicked on a bot link? And all the people who were hacked and exposed? Not one bit. You play...you pay.

Speaking of risks...anyone going to the AM site was already sticking their neck out.
    Sticking their... neck... out. Yeah, neck.

A.M. could be considered a really advanced version of Facebook... You can be anyone or anything you want to be on the internet... I see the A.M. owners as manipulating the lowest level impulses of humanity for personal gain. They make the MSM look like Mother Theresa in comparison...

With the stuff off the RISKs list that I post ocassionally, it should be quite apparent that anonymity is NOT easy to achieve.
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

In Remembrance
    I never even heard of Ashley Madison till a week or so ago, wouldn't know her if I saw her.
    I still haven't checked to see what all the buzz is about.

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I never even heard of Ashley Madison till a week or so ago, wouldn't know her if I saw her. I still haven't checked to see what all the buzz is about.
    Just another site designed to scam folks. Where there is money to be made, people without scruples move in.... Nothing new.

Reminds me of the song "Imaginary Lover".

"When ordinary lovers
    Don't feel what you feel
    And real-life situations lose their thrill
    Imagination's unreal
    Imaginary lover, imaginary lover
    You're mine anytime"

http://www.metrolyrics.com/imaginary...speed=noscript

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6Z-DQGqM90
    Belle, Belle, Belle!
    Purty Gu-ur-url!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I never even heard of Ashley Madison till a week or so ago, wouldn't know her if I saw her.
    I still haven't checked to see what all the buzz is about.
    You can say that but we don't have to believe you, maybe you cover your tracks well. I am sure you know it is a site and not a woman.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    I hear if you go out in shorts in December, you are liable to get cold. This is an area of the inwternet in which nobody is likely to be able to prove a specific profile with which he has interacted is fake. Even if he could, he is hardly likely two sue on the basis that his right to cheat on his wife has been interfered with. And at the risk of repeating myself, this was the internet. It falls into an area in which human judgment is notoriously weakened by biological urges, and any confidence man will tell you that the secret of his profession is to find things the mark really wants to believe.

Of course there was a strong likelihood (some might put it more strongly) that fakery would be involved. In "The Godfather" (the book, not the movie) Don Corleone says there are men who go through life saying "kill me" until somebody does. A lot more say "cheat me."

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    You can say that but we don't have to believe you, maybe you cover your tracks well. I am sure you know it is a site and not a woman.

Tim
    I didn't know it was a site till a week or so ago. I do assume (probably wrong) that a woman owns it, or at least started the site. Just do not have enough interest to verify it. lol