Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading

Thread: nikon did me right

Banned

nikon did me right

bought a 3x9 buckmaster refirb earlier this year for my 6 mm rem classic. Was farting around with it a while back and dropped it and bent the tube. Boxed it up and sent it to Nikon without and pre authorization and wrote them a note saying that this was totally my fault for dropping it. Got a brand new 2.5x10 prostaff 5 in the mail yesterday. Compared it side by side with a buckmaster in the daytime and in low light and this prostaff is a much better scope optically then the bushmaster which were much better then the original prostaffs. Shows good on them to replace a damaged refirb with a brand new scope that's even higher quality. Granted they don't have a scope any cheaper then a prostaff but id guess they still have some old scopes laying around somewhere they could have sent.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Nice. I have the same 3x9 mounted on a knight and hale disc rifle. I'm glad to say I haven't needed to use their repair services.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master

Awesome! Thanks for posting this. I think it is just as, if not more, important to acknowledge the good deeds for the manufacturers we use as the not so good things.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master

Nice! I have a couple of Buckmasters and feel they are a good value, especially at that price point. I shied away from the earlier Pro-Staffs because I didn't like them much and the reports weren't so great either. My lowly Buckmaster had better optics and mechanicals, IMHO.
    Thanks for the update, hope your new scope serves you well.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

That sounds like a company that would get my return purchase dollar! I had a similar experience with Bushnell. But mine was poor. 8-32 power 3200 eleite. with full admission of guilt / blame ( as to origin of damage ), they were good enough to offer to sell me one for 20% overfull retail to cover the damaged one. I have 5 different bushy scopes, and after the correspondence from this one. All my optic dollars will be going to Vortex optics.

Vendor Sponsor

"20% overfull retail " hoping that's a typo
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Prostaffs were on sale last year so I picked up a 3x9x40 for my .444. It is a good scope good and clear and was a really good deal. I am glad to hear they have good service it is nice to know when a company takes care of its customers. FB

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    "20% overfull retail " hoping that's a typo
    No. Not a typo. Just a lost, previously loyal customer.